We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key Colony Beach Duplexes

Which Key Colony Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bowie, MD
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Key Colony Beach Duplexes

Do KCB duplexes have concrete block common walls between the two units? All of the posts that I have seen concern noise from the outside (neighborhood noise). What about noise transmission between units? As a past owner of a condo which was a nightmare of noise from neighbors, I am especially wary of common walls. Any experience, thoughts? Thanks in advance for any help.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Key Colony Beach Duplexes

I've rented duplexes several times and never had a problem with the neighbors. Most of the older units are concrete block so are pretty sound proof. I can't think of a time where we were next to a large group or anyone that may be as loud as us. (and no one has ever complained about our chatter). And I've never heard regular noise like the other guys TV's, showers, etc..

Edited: 12:12 pm, July 29, 2010
Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,628 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Key Colony Beach Duplexes

I've never had noise be a problem.

There may have been the occasional dog barking, but that has always been resolved with a friendly request.

Music - NEVER been a problem.

Talking - Partying - Never.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
203 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Key Colony Beach Duplexes

We are owners of a duplex that was built in the 90s, no concrete block walls, and when we have stayed there ourselves we have never had noise problems from the other side. But the other side doesn't rent so the older owners from PA are not always there themselves. Our duplex is built on a larger lot, farther apart from any nearby neighbors as well, so that also makes the outdoor areas more private and quieter too.

Plus our island of KCB has a 24/7 "noise ordinance" with fines so that deters the loud renters from staying on our island!

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,213 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Key Colony Beach Duplexes

It really depends on the unit you are renting. We have never had a problem from the neighbors. Most people in the keys spend the day on the water and are asleep fairly early. Especially those who are going fishing, diving, etc. the next day. You will find the occaisional place that will party one or 2 nites but most are too busy doing daytime activities to keep others awake at night. In KCB unless it is a holiday like the 4th of July or something there is usually not a problem.

atlanta
Level Contributor
117 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Key Colony Beach Duplexes

Stayed mulitple times in KCB at various properties. Never had a problem with noise from neighboring unti at all! We love KCB!

6. Re: Key Colony Beach Duplexes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 27, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Key Colony Beach