We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No fishing at KCB?

Which Key Colony Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lombard, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
No fishing at KCB?

I read a review about Continental Inn (CI) that said there was no fishing at the beach. Is this just CI or is this throughout KCB? I normally stay at Key Colony Pointe (next door to CI) especially for the fishing. Before I go, I want to know if I can drop a line off the pier or beach.

Thanks for the info.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,792 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No fishing at KCB?

There's some wrong info going around. Yes, plenty of fishing allowed in KCB. Maybe between certain spots, like from the bridge, no fishing. I'm in KCB every day.

For exacts, call where you are staying. But you can fish from Breezes pier, the beach around there, the canals etc. It may just be certain points on the CI beach, where people are swimming (it attracts characters they don't want around at certain hours, IE, sharks) or catches swimmers. so, not on a swimming beach in FL ever.

Lombard, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No fishing at KCB?

Thanks for the information. The review is of Continental Inn, titled "Well, it was affordable, so that's a plus...”. I used to stay at CI all the time and fished from there, so perhaps it's their rule.

I will make a phone call down to play it safe.

Thanks

Lombard, Illinois
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No fishing at KCB?

Follow-up. I spoke with KCP - no problem fishing.

4. Re: No fishing at KCB?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, October 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Key Colony Beach