We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz-Carlton with a baby - tips? Has anyone used the...

New Canaan, CT
1 post
Save Topic
Ritz-Carlton with a baby - tips? Has anyone used the...

We are thinking of going to the Ritz-Carlton with my one year old daughter - It would be so wonderful if we could have a nice adult meal out. The hotel says it can provide babysitting service, but I was just wondering if anyone has used it - and if so what did you think? I am a bit uneasy about leaving my dearest little one with a complete stranger. I am also wondering how the cribs are - I know that sometimes even at the best hotels, the cribs can be a bit rickety and unsafe. If anyone as any other packing recommendations they would be just so well appreciated.

London
Level Contributor
317 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ritz-Carlton with a baby - tips? Has anyone used the...

If you feel uneasy about it, dont use the baby sitting service. I am not saying the sitter may or may not be good, however with all the reference checks in the world, you can never be too sure. You are better off taking the baby with you to dinner, or even if possible leave the baby at home with your nearest and dearest. A one year old baby will never remember anyway.

This is why they say being a mother is the most difficult job in the world. From the time we had kids everything had to be geared towards the kids, and how to factor them into everything. It was difficult at first but you find a way round these things.

Have fun and good luck.

2. Re: Ritz-Carlton with a baby - tips? Has anyone used the...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, August 16, 2009