We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Movie filmed in Amelia Island

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,137 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Movie filmed in Amelia Island

Just watched a video last night entitled "Sunshine State".....the scenery kept drawing me back until I finally realized why it looked so familiar......most of it was filmed in Amelia Island......story is fictional, and may be loosely based on real life, but it's worth viewing if you are considering a visit to Amelia Island....some shots of downtown Fernandina and Fort Clinch......

The scenes in the huge downtown mall were obviously filmed elsewhere, though.....but all in all a good overview of the area.......

Mentioned in this post
Fernandina Beach
Fernandina Beach
Amelia Island, FL
Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,842 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Movie filmed in Amelia Island

Thanks mombear, I am going to rent it from Nexflex right now but the only problem will be when I see it I will want to visit right away.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
66 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Movie filmed in Amelia Island

I saw this movie also and agree it is worth watching.

3. Re: Movie filmed in Amelia Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, August 30, 2009