We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boutique Hotel Help

London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Boutique Hotel Help

Hi there,

My husband and I are looking for a boutique hotel in the Keys for 5 nights in early November.

From reading through the forums, I think that Islamorada, Key Colony Beach or Marathon would suit us best. We are after a relaxing break where we can catch some sun, dive, snorkel and fish.

We hate large hotels and are completely overwhelmed with trying to find something that will suit us in the Keys.

I hope you can help? Any advice would be much appreciated :-)

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,921 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boutique Hotel Help

The only one I can think of right off is Casa Morada in Islamorada. There are many other small hotels/resorts that are nice but not considered "boutique". There are actually fewer large resorts then small.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Boutique Hotel Help

Thank you will look into that. Is there another Key that might suit us? Or another hotel that has that feel even if it is bigger?

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,921 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boutique Hotel Help

I would stick with Islamorada, Marathon and Key Colony. All have what you are looking for.

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
9,594 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boutique Hotel Help

I agree. We love Islamorada. If it is not out of your price range, The Moorings has a couple of cottages that do not require a one week minimum and is a wonderful place. No crowds, beautiful quiet beach, and a large lap pool.

They do not have a bar or food service, but you can walk to many bars and some of the best restaurants in The Keys. All the cottages have full kitchens as well.

South Florida...
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boutique Hotel Help

Also look at Dove Creek Lodge - very nice and (at least in the past) serves breakfast in a lovely room with a relaxing view.

Key Largo Florida
Level Contributor
383 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boutique Hotel Help

The Azul in Key Largo claims to be a Boutique Hotel. I know its popular with European travelers. You can look at their website.

Hyannis, MA
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Boutique Hotel Help

Before you make your final selection, check out The Carribean Resort at Sea Isle, Islamorada. IMO it is comparable to The Moorings and Casa Morada.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Boutique Hotel Help

Thanks SO much for all your replies :-)

9. Re: Boutique Hotel Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 28, 2014