We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grocery stores

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
grocery stores

we saw that there is a Publix and Winn-Dixie close to where we are staying. which one is better for prices and selection? thanks

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
364 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grocery stores

\hey there, noticed no one had replied to your question and as I had the same one I did a bit of research. The answer is overwhelmingly PUBLIX........about 98% of people highly recommend it. Not sure where it is either, will find it when we arrive next week. Winn Dixie is used when Publix is closed apparently.....Publix is clean modern and has the best selection of fresh produce. Otherwise there is a farmers market in Clearwater on Weds I think it is....also some great private grocers.....and a Whole Foods somewhere in the area but is a bit of a drive. Hope this helps!

Mentioned in this post
Castle Rock...
Level Contributor
31 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grocery stores

thx. banannamamma :) we were there at the beginning of October. a few miles from where we stayed there was a winn-dixie and it was very nice inside, but i realize it may be uncommon. we used walmart and target supercenters as we got in at midnight and they were the ones open. we stayed in indian shores.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
364 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: grocery stores

www.clearwaterfarmersmarket.com/about.html

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: grocery stores

Winn-Dixie and Publix are both large, clean, modern, pleasant supermarkets... but for anyone staying at Indian Shores, the Publix at Indian Rocks Road and Walsingham, Largo, on the mainland is closest. Only a mile or less from Gulf Boulevard, Indian Rocks Beach. A Walmart neighborhood store (not a supercenter) is also there on Walsingham Road.

Mentioned in this post
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
364 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: grocery stores

thanks great info as we're just setting out to go shopping!

6. Re: grocery stores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:41 am, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Indian Shores