We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation rental help

Which Indian Shores hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation rental help

Hello all,

My family of 5 would like to travel to Florida for 2 weeks 6/19-7/3 and i'm trying to find affordable, nice accomodations. I was thinking of staying in or around Orlando for a week and then going to Tampa (in or around the area) or some place that has attractions for the next week. if any of you have any links to timeshares, condos or houses that we can rent that would be great. The people traveling will be 3 adults and to children ages 14 and 8. I'm getting a little frustrated with all of this and i'm trying not to but the hotels are so pricey and some of them aren't really that nice. Any thoughts suggestions about what I should do will be appreciated!

If you have any suggestions for a different location in a nice beachy area that would be great!

Yours truly,

Frustrated and confused

buffalo
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation rental help

We are going to Inidian Shores, Florida first week of May, and renting a condo. Found it on VRBO.com which is a website that owners post to rent there condo's. You can find a really nice place anywhere on that site. We have rented from owners for the past 5 years, they have been everything they stated there were. You can phone the owners and talk to them personally also.

When we go on vacation we like a condo with a balcony and oceanfront with a pool,have never been disappointed in any of our rentals.

We are flying into Tampa and then going to our condo in Indian shores, have a lovely condo on the Gulf. Make sure the condo has everything you want, ask questions to the owners they actually are very helpful.

Enjoy your vacation, donplease get unconfused and check out this website, I'm sure it'll help you lots

Elizabeth City...
Level Contributor
666 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation rental help

I just booked a condo yesterday at the Sandcastle. This is the site I used www.jackcollinsrentals.com

We have a 3bdrm/2ba oceanfront plus they have a pool. Good Luck!

Catskills, New York
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation rental help

We just returned from a nine day stay at the Barefoot Beach Resort in Indian shores. We found the condo from an owner on homeaway.com. Great "non- touristy" location- if that is what you are looking for. We were extremely happy with the resort and it's beautiful location! We had two adults, two young children, and grandparents that visited for four nights. More than enough room for everyone!

INDIANA
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation rental help

Go to VRBO.com and check out vrbo#59937. My husband and I, plus 4 kids stayed at this condo over spring break 2006, and had a very good time. The condo is very spacious and clean, and the price is very reasonable. We rented directly from the owners, therefore, saving a lot of money. This condo is in Indian Shores, and located on the intracoastal waterway, but just steps from the beach. Very nice, quiet area.

good luck

5. Re: Vacation rental help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, September 01, 2009