We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fifty Gulfside #208

Coopersburg...
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Fifty Gulfside #208

My daughters and I are almost ready to book this condo for our summer, 2013 vacation. Anyone know anything about this condo? How about the area - quiet? Any/all advice greatly appreciated. Thank you!

lakewood, colorado
Level Contributor
506 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fifty Gulfside #208

Hi again Kelbel!

I think you made a good choice. I havent stayed here, but I actually did book for June 2011, but cancelled after finding something even more perfect for our needs. However, I have walked the beach past it, and thought it looked very nice. Pool is right on beach, so you can alternate swimming between it and the Gulf. The pool is a good size and was never crowded when I walked past.

You might want to see if there is a main floor room available facing gulf. Then you you can walk right out of unit onto pool deck.

Area is laid back and easygoing. Several restaurants within walking distance.

How old are your girls?

lakewood, colorado
Level Contributor
506 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fifty Gulfside #208

I don't know what your needs are, but if you are interested in another nearby option, I can suggest one. For my family, the less people the better, lol .... so we now stay at a building with only four units just up Gulf Blvd. Small pool, but adequate.

Coopersburg...
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fifty Gulfside #208

Our goal is to do this trip "on the cheap" so looking to spend around $800 for the week. Airfare from Phila keeps going up....A few years ago, I visited Madeira Beach with some girlfriends and absolutely loved the area. MB seems pricier so we are looking at Indian Rocks/Indian Shores. Needs to be a place with no twin beds (my children don't want to sleep in twins). Any suggestions are greatly appreciated......

lakewood, colorado
Level Contributor
506 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fifty Gulfside #208

I'm with you trying to keep costs down! If you are thinking of doing some local activities such as dolphin boat tour, Segway tour, kayak or paddleboard rental, sign up for the Groupon, LivingSocial and other discount sites now. I have gotten some great deals in the past. Local restaurants are often featured as well. Nothing too exciting so far this year, but the deals I am interested on usually start after spring break.

Some of the restaurants we enjoy:

Lighthouse Doughnuts

Panama coffee and Tropical Ice Cream

PJ's Oyster Bar

http://www.pjsoysterbar.com/

The Pub Waterfront Restaurant

http://www.thepubwaterfrontrestaurant.com/

You will have a great time!

Coopersburg...
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fifty Gulfside #208

I just realized, whyshoshoni (I hope I spelled that right...) for your kind response. I am signed up to groupon and living social for the Tampa Bay area. We did book at Fifty Gulfside (and got at discounted rate) and are very anxious for our trip. Any other suggestions for the area are greatly appreciated. BTW, do you know anything about Shell Key Shuttle (I am an avid shell collector)? Thanks!

lakewood, colorado
Level Contributor
506 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fifty Gulfside #208

Kelbel, glad to hear you got a good rate at 50 Gulfside! Daily deals have not been as plentiful as in the past, but still some good ones.

Another site I found recently is yipit.com, which searches the other sites and lists all the deals in one place.

Don't have any experience with Shell Key Shuttle, but if you post in the St Pete Beach forum I'sure someone will chime in.

I'm sure you and your girls will have a great time!

7. Re: Fifty Gulfside #208

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Indian Rocks Beach