We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian rocks for a week compared to Fort Myers Beach!

Which Indian Rocks Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
perth
Level Contributor
677 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Indian rocks for a week compared to Fort Myers Beach!

Hi There,

Please can anyone tell me if there are enough good restaurants to eat in during a weeks stay in Indian Rocks Beach? Guppy's, Keegans, TJ's, Al and Stella and Coasters are near the condo we are looking at which is near 2108 beach trail. Are these restaurants good? We stayed for 6 nights in Fort Nyers Beach in 2008 and loved it but thought we would try somewhere different! Is there a Publix nearby for groceries?

Thanks for any input!

Regards

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian rocks for a week compared to Fort Myers Beach!

Indian Rocks Beach doesn't have a town square-type area like Ft. Myers Beach's Time Square area. If you want an area where you don't have to drive much and can walk to shops, restaurants, and bars, then stay at the north end of Ft Myers Beach.

perth
Level Contributor
677 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian rocks for a week compared to Fort Myers Beach!

Thank You for your help. We really don't know much about the area!

Regards

Worcester, UK
Level Contributor
159 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian rocks for a week compared to Fort Myers Beach!

There's a Winn Dixie at the north end of Madeira Beach - can't be more than 10 mins by car. Publix is jut a wee bit further over the Tom Stuart causeway.

Don't know any of the restuarants you mention I'm afraid. If you're happy to drive, there are dozens of eateries withing 15 mins, but if you want to walk, maybe SPB, TI or Madeira Beach near Johns Pass would give you more options.

perth
Level Contributor
677 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian rocks for a week compared to Fort Myers Beach!

Thanks for the help

Regards

St Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
557 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indian rocks for a week compared to Fort Myers Beach!

Guppy's is one of my family's favorites!

Great steaks or seafood and a MUST everytime we are in the area!

Enjoy!

St Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
557 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indian rocks for a week compared to Fort Myers Beach!

And if you end up shopping at Winn Dixie make sure you get a wynn dixie card at customer service. All the "Sales" in the store only apply if you have that card. And it can add up to quite the savings.

And the card is FREE!

Hope this helps!

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Indian rocks for a week compared to Fort Myers Beach!

Plenty of good restaurants in that area. You can walk to some or take the trolley or drive a short distance to others. Clearwater Beach is only 10 min from Indian Rocks also with lots of restaurants and things to do.

Publix is right across the causeway, less than 10 min away.. There are also some very good restaurants right across the bridge.

We stayed near Guppy's and walked there and to Keegan's and TJ's Italian Grille. We found Fort Myers Beach to be a lot more crowded than Indian Rocks Beach.

ny
Level Contributor
373 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Indian rocks for a week compared to Fort Myers Beach!

Northernite is correct! The restaurants mentioned are all fine casual eating places... and there are plenty of others, some on the mainland and others within a 10-minute drive up or down Gulf Boulevard. The Winn Dixie in Madeira Beach is not the closest supermarket. If you have a car in IRB, just go over to the mainland from Gulf Bouelvard via the 688/Walsingham Road Bridge. At the second light after the bridge (a two-minute drive) there's a Publix to the north, a Walmart grocery to the northwest, and several other supermarkets in the neighborhood. The beach at Indian Rocks Beach is lovely and never crowded.

MN
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Indian rocks for a week compared to Fort Myers Beach!

We were in Ft Meyrs Beach in 08 and this year we are staying in IRB!! I cant wait...although i love ft meyrs... we couldnt get a resort there... hoping the beaches are as good as they look on all these pictures!!! sounds like groc and restaraunts nearby..and is there a beach trolly? anyone know? i heard its $4 to ride to beach.. were going in March!!! hope the weather warms up!!

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Indian rocks for a week compared to Fort Myers Beach!

There is a beach trolley that you can ride north all the way to Clearwater Beach and south down to Pass-a-Grille and St Pete Beach. This will get you to more restaurants than you could try in a month!

The beach is lovely.

I am ready for the weather to warm up too! Fingers crossed :-)

Get answers to your questions about Indian Rocks Beach