We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fort Myers Beach VS Indian Rocks Beach

Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Fort Myers Beach VS Indian Rocks Beach

Planning trip Nov 08. Stayed at paradise pt cottages past. Found Sarahs golf side resort cottages. Which are better in your opinion?

Next question. What about weather in November?

Which best? Ft Myers or Indian Rock or same?

Washer dryer at Sarah? Paradise pt cottages great. Helpful. Washer dryer and anything needed was there. Not pushy about check in and out.

Is Sarah good beach view?

Sarah good spot for children?

Sarah located on main street? Walking access to restaurants etc. Traffic bad?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fort Myers Beach VS Indian Rocks Beach

beachlover, I just answered your private message ... now I'm reading this and will comment further:

Can't compare Ft. Myers & Indian Rocks as I haven't been to Ft. Myers.

Pushy about check-out and check-in? Do you mean do they expect you to observe the posted times? I assume they do. I had no need for a late check-out so I never discussed it with the staff.

The beach is wonderful ... your view depends what unit you're in, upper or lower. We had no view in the studio but that was fine, as we stayed ON the beach a lot.

Is it a good spot for children? Depends on the age of your children, IMO. If they're at an age where they love to jump/splash/cavort on floats, then the pools at Gulfside Resorts are not for them. They are small *relaxing* pools. I saw very young kids ... young toddlers ... with a couple of parents there, but I would not take children older than that there myself, unless they love playing on the beach all the time, and aren't very interested in the pool. The kids in my extended family would probably be too active and exuberant to hang out there. ;-)

Many restaurants within walking distance. This is a great location, beautiful place, wonderful owners/staff! Worth the money ...

2. Re: Fort Myers Beach VS Indian Rocks Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, September 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Indian Rocks Beach