We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Green Turtle Gourmet Market

Satellite Beach...
Level Contributor
19 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Green Turtle Gourmet Market

This is the only Gourmet Market in this area-without any competition from a Whole Foods/Fresh Market(in the Orlando area), they are, in accordance with this, pretty overpriced with the bizarre exception of a few seafood choices(mussels/shrimp/oysters/cod/Mahi-Mahi. Despite some really outrageous prices(cheese/butter/wines/imported pastas, etc., they are quite popular(READ-NO COMPETITION-not yet, anyway). The pastries/brownies/cookies/pies/brioche/croissants, etc-not one contains any REAL BUTTER. But they are arranged nicely-Why no one wants to bake using REAL BUTTER is beyond my comprehension. Stick to the chocolate mousse desserts, if you see any, or the bland but acceptable cream brulee. Like I pointed out-there is no other choice for this area when it comes to gourmet markets. However, they have a wonderful selection of imported things which are impossible to find anywhere else around here. Just bring a lot of money!

charleston, sc
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Green Turtle Gourmet Market

your reviews are certainly negative,,,i just happened to read them all. either your selections are poorly chosen or you are just a negative person. there are other gourmet markets in the area, but the turtle is shoulders above the others.

we have been there many times and will continue to return.

their catering is truly imaginative and reasonably priced.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,240 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Green Turtle Gourmet Market

It seems to me the word Gourmet would immediately let you know that prices are going to be higher. Also as attyunc said this is not the only gourmet market around altho the only one in Indian Harbour Beach. It also has nothing to do with Orlando which is an hour away. It doesn't make sense to compare this area to Orlando which is a much larger city. Just across the causeway is Pettys Meats which is similar to Green Turtle and has 2 locations in Melbourne. They have a comparable selection of hard to find spices, cheeses, wines and desserts. We do not have a Whole Foods Market in Brevard County that I know of altho we do have a couple of Natural Foods type markets. There is also several fresh seafood markets, 2 of them within a mile of GT. Hope this helps for next time you are shopping.

3. Re: Green Turtle Gourmet Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:34 am, December 10, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Indian Harbour Beach