We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where exactly are the public beaches?

Which Holmes Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WenWillitB
Level Contributor
142 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Where exactly are the public beaches?

Going to be in the area & want to visit Anna Marie Island. I checked on google maps & see there are many beaches on this island. Where do I go?

Here is what I want to do...

1 night I want to watch the sunset so which one is the best to do this?

Another day I actually want to go during the day.

Also I don't like busy beaches if I can help it but of course I guess it must be a public beach since I'm not staying on the island.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where exactly are the public beaches?

Go there and find out :-)

No, I wouldn´t go for the drums... The sunset is beautiful on Anna Maria and it is famous for it!

BUT, if you have never been, you´ll have to go to Siesta Key at least once anyways... It is the most beautiful sand I have EVER seen and a trip to Siesta Key (going over Longboat and Lido Key) is awesome!

If you like a little "celebration" during the sunset, go to the sun house restaurant, this is overlooking the bay AND the gulf and at the moment the sun is DOWN, they start to sing "you are my sunshine"...

We usually stay at the La Costa and enjoy the beautiful sunsets and the water :-)

WenWillitB
Level Contributor
142 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where exactly are the public beaches?

Is there a particular reason you don't like it? I don't know that I want a "celebration" but I'd like more info to decide.

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where exactly are the public beaches?

It´s NOT that I don´t like it... It´s more that I don´t NEED it :-)

I want a sunset and this sunset is GREAT :-)

Don´t need drums...

But hey, try out and let us know how it is!!

:-))

14. Re: Where exactly are the public beaches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 09, 2010