We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corrections/Not Beach Blvd, it is the Boardwalk!

NH
Level Contributor
496 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Corrections/Not Beach Blvd, it is the Boardwalk!

Sorry about that. I am staying 1 mile from the Boadwalk. Any suggestions for restaurants or lounges on the Boardwalk in Hollywood Beach?

Thanks again!

Level Contributor
2,130 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corrections/Not Beach Blvd, it is the Boardwalk!

Exactly where are you staying. Need a street name. The B'Walk extends from Dania Beach Blvd South to just before Hallandale Beach Blvd.

Youngs Circle is on N-S US Route one and Hollywood Blvd (The same US Rt One that goes by you state in NH), and is about mile from A1A, which runs N-S along the ocean.

BUT in order to access the beach area, you need to cross a bridge (ICB) over the intracoastal.

These bridges are at Dania Beach Blvd, SHeridan Street, Hollywood Beach Blvd (which has a portion closed to construction), and Hallandale BEach Blvd.

Only four crossings. I would put the address on the place in the google box (just the street adress and zip) and then search maps, and looki to see how far you are from a bridge to cross over the ICW.

NH
Level Contributor
496 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corrections/Not Beach Blvd, it is the Boardwalk!

Thanks Ken, I will try that. It is on South Ocean Drive. They say it is a 1 mile walk?

Level Contributor
2,130 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Corrections/Not Beach Blvd, it is the Boardwalk!

South Ocean Drive is A1A and runs N 7 S along the ocean. If you drive a few miles further south, it will be called Collins Avenue (in Dade County)

So, it appears you are staying very close to the Westin Diplomat resort. If it is actually still in Hollywood.

Hallandale starts at A1A just about where Hallandale Beach Blvd connects, and is S. North of that section is Definately Hollywood.

Surf Road starts at Hallandale BEach Blve if you check on a google map. But it ends abruptly when the condos & hotels bought permission to build directly on it. It starts again about 2/3s of a mile up from Hallandale Beach Blvd.. this is the Flowers sections, and some consider it the beginning of the b'walk.

It rambles through small mom & pop hotels & low rise condos. When you walk past the twin towers of the Summit Condo (1973) it moves to the sand section, and no buildings (except bandstands) are to the east of this boardwalk. Note....just before the Summit, on the corner of Borginvilla and A1A is a Broward County Public Library (Hollywood Beach Branch). They will let you use the internet there (I think 8 computers) and they have wireless if you bring the laptop).

Bring your lease, and they might allow you to take out books....not sure how that works.

Anyway, after the Summit Twins, you will still need to walk up & past Hollywood Beach Blvd (on the Bwalk) where services like shops and restaurants begin.

Keep walking, because, you will find a lot od French Canadian places, and many others....Nicks just past Johnson Street.....Broadway Pizza and Angelos corner on Garfield & B'walk.

BTW....Angelos just started taking credit cards....so now the raised the prices...and they make you pay 18% tip. The 18 inch Brooklyn pizza (plain) with a pitcher was $14.99....NOW ITS $17.99.

(Not that I'm cheap or anything).

I checked yesterday at the community center next to the Library....the Holly Trolly is no longer in service....

I hope you can walk. The weather is is unbelievable....still in low 80s tops afternoon & high 60s in PM.

4. Re: Corrections/Not Beach Blvd, it is the Boardwalk!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 23, 2009