We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sorry for a silly question. is it humid now?

Which Hollywood hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
922 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
sorry for a silly question. is it humid now?

We are coming down to Hollywood this thursday..coming from up north I have to dig out the warmer clothes...it is hot enough for swimming? Cool enough for pants at night? Thank you in advance.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,107 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sorry for a silly question. is it humid now?

It's not humid at all but I don't think it is hot enough for swimming. Depends on your cold tolerance. I could probably walk in knee deep but could not immerse myself totally. Yes, you'll be comfortable in long pants and something that covers all of your arms. Bring a light sweater in case you go to a restaurant that is extra cool.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,131 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sorry for a silly question. is it humid now?

Humidity is only 52% today- it has been as high as 70% recently though. I have been very comfortable in capris, but weather is very changeable here as fronts come through- and most visitors should have a sweater or light jacket as often air conditioning can be really blasting in many places and it can get chilly after sundown or when the wind kicks up a bit.

If you go to www.justweather.com and choose Miami , you'll get a local tv weather forecast for the next several days which is the same for Miami generally as for Hollywood and Ft. Lauderdale- I don't recall hearing of any coming cold fronts- but I only check weather 3 or so days ahead as it is so changeable. It's in the 70's today.

New York
Level Contributor
922 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sorry for a silly question. is it humid now?

Ok thank you!!!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sorry for a silly question. is it humid now?

You are looking at highs in the mid 70s and lows in the 50s or 60s. Too cool for the ocean for me. Still a good time to leave NY.

5. Re: sorry for a silly question. is it humid now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 24, 2014