I am staying at the Westin Diplomat next week and I have some questions about the property that I hope other travelers can answer:
1. Parking: Can my husband drive up to the hotel and drop me off with my luggage so that he can park the car in self parking?
2. Luggage: Can I carry my own luggage into my room without using a porter to handle it?
3. Check out: do I need my room key to leave the parking lot when I check out? In other words do I hand in my key at check out and then get my car or do I get my car and drive to the hotel entrance and then check out?
4. Beach chairs: do the beach chairs have umbrellas? How much do they cost per day?
5. Can I set up my own beach umbrella or is that not permitted?
6. How early do I have to go to the pool to get a lounge chair by the pool?
7. Has anyone walked to Padrinos from the hotel? If so, is there a sidewalk to walk on and how far is the walk?
8. If I arrive around 3:00, do you think I'll be able to check into the club floor? How long do you think I'll have to wait for check in?
9. Where do I wait for the trolley to go in the boardwalk?
Thanks so much. I am only there for two nights and want to avoid some of the problems that others have experienced so I thought I would ask some questions that mat help me have a smoother time in navigating the large hotel.
Anything else that I should be aware of will certainly be appreciated.