We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin diplomat questions

Uncasville...
Level Contributor
271 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Westin diplomat questions

Hello,

I am staying at the Westin Diplomat next week and I have some questions about the property that I hope other travelers can answer:

1. Parking: Can my husband drive up to the hotel and drop me off with my luggage so that he can park the car in self parking?

2. Luggage: Can I carry my own luggage into my room without using a porter to handle it?

3. Check out: do I need my room key to leave the parking lot when I check out? In other words do I hand in my key at check out and then get my car or do I get my car and drive to the hotel entrance and then check out?

4. Beach chairs: do the beach chairs have umbrellas? How much do they cost per day?

5. Can I set up my own beach umbrella or is that not permitted?

6. How early do I have to go to the pool to get a lounge chair by the pool?

7. Has anyone walked to Padrinos from the hotel? If so, is there a sidewalk to walk on and how far is the walk?

8. If I arrive around 3:00, do you think I'll be able to check into the club floor? How long do you think I'll have to wait for check in?

9. Where do I wait for the trolley to go in the boardwalk?

Thanks so much. I am only there for two nights and want to avoid some of the problems that others have experienced so I thought I would ask some questions that mat help me have a smoother time in navigating the large hotel.

Anything else that I should be aware of will certainly be appreciated.

Ts

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,830 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin diplomat questions

Great choice in a hotel - the Diplomat is awesome!

1. Yes, your husband can drop you off and then go park the car. The parking lot is just across the street and there's a covered walkway over the road to go back/forth.

2. You can carry your own luggage to your room. The bellmen are there to assist but you are not obliged to use their services.

3. I'm not sure about needing to use your key to get out of the parking lot, but that's a question you can ask upon check in. I would suggest getting at least two keys (one for you and one for your husband).

4 & 5. I'm not sure how much the beach chairs are - they're owned by a concession on the beach and for some reason I'm thinking $15-20/day. If it were me, I'd go to Wal-Mart (out of the hotel to the left. first stop light -Hallandale Beach Blvd. - turn right. go over the bridge and Wal-Mart will be on your right) and buy my own. You can set up your own chair/umbrella on the beach.

6. I've seen people bring towels, books, etc. down to the pool lounge chairs as early as 8AM.

7. Padrino's is walkable - if you like to walk. It's pretty much across the street from the Wal-Mart I mentioned earlier, but on the left hand side of the street. Great Cuban food! And yes, there are sidewalks the entire way.

8. Depending on how many arrivals the hotel has that day, you may not have to wait at all to check in. When they have a heavy arrival schedule, they typically have a lot of people on the front desk to accommodate everyone. The Club lounge is awesome - love that you have both east and west views...

9. I believe there's a trolley stop right at the Diplomat. You can see the routes at www.visithollywoodfl.org but you can always ask the driver where to get off for the Broadwalk (not Boardwalk as there are no boards...). I love the Broadwalk area - lots of little shops and restaurants. Love Sugar Reef for a nice dinner! You'll find it right around New York Avenue.

Enjoy your stay - if you think of anything else, please let us know...we're here to help!

Edited: 8:35 am, July 31, 2012
2. Re: Westin diplomat questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 02, 2013