We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code for the restaurants at the westin diplomat, holly

Which Hollywood hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Prescott, Iowa
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Dress code for the restaurants at the westin diplomat, holly

What is the dress codes for all the restaurants at the westin diplomat in hollywood florida?

Hollywood, Florida
Level Contributor
60 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code for the restaurants at the westin diplomat, holly

Hi knowyou59,

There are quite a few dining options at the Westin Diplomat. Shirts and shoes are required for all, but that's about it, except for Hollywood Prime, which has a business casual dress code -- in Florida that basically just means no shorts, caps or -- gasp! -- flip-flops.

Hank

Prescott, Iowa
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code for the restaurants at the westin diplomat, holly

Thanks..we won a trip from Live with Regis and kelly...as we are from Iowa I really wasn't sure about the dress codes. What about the cheapest way to get from Fort Laurerdale Airport to the hotel? Do they have bottled water in the rooms or do you have to buy it? Thanks for your help..

Hollywood, Florida
Level Contributor
60 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code for the restaurants at the westin diplomat, holly

Wow, that's awesome -- congrats! Not sure about the bottled water; they do have minibars, but I'm inclined to think they would charge you for bottled water -- but again I'm not sure.

The cheapest way to get to the Diplomat from FLL would be take public transportation. But it's probably not the best way. It would take you at least an hour and involve probably 2 transfers, so it might not be a great way to go if you have even a fair amount of luggage. A taxi from the airport will run about $20-30 each way, but if you're concerned about budget you could recoup the taxi money by not eating at the hotel :-) The dining options are on the pricey side. Of course if your package includes meals, then you're all set.

Hank

Prescott, Iowa
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code for the restaurants at the westin diplomat, holly

Thanks for all your help.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code for the restaurants at the westin diplomat, holly

A cab from the airport will cost you about $25 and it's the way I'd go. As far as your other questions, Hollywood Prime is the Diplomat's 5-star steakhouse and if you can afford to dine there, I would say "nicely dressed" is fitting (of course, that's open to interpretation LOL). No shorts as the hankster mentioned. The other restaurants - the Cafe, Aizia, Rivals (a sports bar) are more casual, but I think resort casual is fitting for Aizia and shorts/flip flops are ok for the Cafe and Rivals.

There may be water in the rooms but do you want to spend upwards of $6.00 for a regular-size bottle of water? There's a small coffee shop off of the lobby that sells it and you can always take the trolley to Publix and buy some. Much cheaper!

CONGRATULATIONS on your win - the Diplomat is a beautiful hotel and I think you're going to love it!

Edited: 7:54 am, February 13, 2012
6. Re: Dress code for the restaurants at the westin diplomat, holly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, February 16, 2013