We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Diplomat Resort

Houston
Level Contributor
108 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Westin Diplomat Resort

Hello

Staying at the Westin next weekend and had a question..

Can I go to Walmart and bring my own beer to the beach in front of the Diplomat? I am unsure about bringing can beer to the beach. Is it illeagal to consume alcohol on the beach?

Thanks in advance...

JBH

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,899 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Diplomat Resort

You can bring beer onto the beach and it is not illegal to drink on that beach. On some beaches (like the public beach in Fort Lauderdale) it is illegal, but not at the Diplomat.

You're going to love that hotel!!

Mentioned in this post
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,899 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Diplomat Resort

How was your stay?

Houston
Level Contributor
108 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Diplomat Resort

It was very nice and relaxing. The Hotel is very nice. The beach was beautiful and we were able to bring beer onto the beach and save a little money. I would highly recommend this hotel too annyone going to Ft. Lauderdale. We went to Casa Blanca for some cocktails and had dinner at Billy's Stone Crab. Overall a very good time...Thanks.

JBH

Mentioned in this post
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Billy's Stone Crab
Billy's Stone Crab
1,214 Reviews
Hollywood, FL
4. Re: Westin Diplomat Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, October 03, 2012