We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

broadwalk

Level Contributor
209 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
broadwalk

Hi,

Has the broadwalk finally gotten finished and is there any new restuarants or shopsput in or renovations being done? We were there last oct so any thing new going on? Thanks!

Level Contributor
2,130 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: broadwalk

They are now working on the b'walk in the area of the Hollywood Beach Resort (end of Hollywood Blvd, and about 5 blocks S of there.

The corner on Johnson and the B'Walk (Where Frenchies Club was) is finally getting ready to build the Marriott. IT is reported the resort will stretch from the sand to the ocean.....I don't know how they will handle the parking garage.

Across A1A is Capones Flicker Light and Le Tub.......I noticed Capones stopped fixing the front of the restaurant...didn't put new signs up...so I wonder if they are going down?

The Garfield St Parking tower is having footing poured.

The work on the condo called (I think) Hollywood Grand seems to have slowed down a lot. Trump Tower has a sales office, and I saw concrete trucks driving to the property (old Holiday Inn)

The old Hilton/Comfort in on A1A @ Hallandale Beach Blvd appears almost done. A Condotel, will be managed by Holiday Inn Crown Plaza div. (Called the SION...it will also have an old apartment converted to contos across the street in the sand.

At the corner of Sheraton & A1a beachfront, the condos there are almost done. I think they may also be like a condotel. Says prices start at $1,599,999........

Beach is still great. Sand seems to be staying put.

Level Contributor
209 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: broadwalk

Lots going on ! Is there anything new as far as the broadwalk goes when we were there last (oct) seen alot of sprucing up going onand a new restuarant going in. We come for a week in oct every year and we do like the broadwalk. We did like capones will be sad to ssee them go. I

Level Contributor
2,130 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: broadwalk

I'm not sure if they will be going...it just appears that way.

By the time they do all this stuff it might still be years!!!

4. Re: broadwalk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, August 29, 2009