We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rollerblading near Haines???

Dublin
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Rollerblading near Haines???

Hope this does not seem too daft. We are a family from Dublin, Ireland who will spend the month of June based at a villa in Southern Dunes in Haines City which is south of Orlando. Of course we will visit the usual attractions but we also love rollerblading. In Ireland the law/insurance is such that a rollerblader is basically unwelcome in most places. We picked up our love of this activity in France where each year we always packed our rollerblades for going there on holidays (vacation). One of our kids is very good but the others are just okay. As for us, the parents, we just slog along discreetly in quieter spots but nonetheless really enjoy it. Sorry to be so long-winded but I needed to paint an accurate picture. Most of us cannot go to a roller dome and do somersaults! but would love to know if there are quieter areas where we can just have simple fun rollerblading without the pressure of having to give an exhibition.

Remember I am trying to justify carrying rollerblades in our luggage on a plane.

Is there a hire alternative and if so what cost?

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rollerblading near Haines???

You must really like rollerblading! Well if you planning on bringing your roller blades on the plane you can either put them in your big luggage which will go under the plane, or you can get a carry on bag which you can put under your seats.

ireland
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rollerblading near Haines???

southern dunes is perfect, you can rollerblade all you want around the streets which are quiet and the paths are in good condition.

look at www.irishfloridavilla.com for further info.

Dublin
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rollerblading near Haines???

Thank you mr pibb and Sungolfer for taking the time to help me.

I notice Sungolfer that you are from Ireland. Is there anything else that might be useful for us to know about Southern Dunes and Haines.... that we not not expect.

By the way I've been trying to figure out the Green Fee at S Dunes from their website but it is not clear.

ireland
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Rollerblading near Haines???

green fees vary but you can get 4 round deal for approx $250 inc cart but not clubs after easter, before that its about $400 FOR FOUR ROUNDS, the courese is first class and well worth playing at least once.

try mannys steakhouse accross the road for great steaks ribs and seafood.We always visit the millenium mall about 35 minutes drive towards orlando and a trip to the gulf is a worthwhile day out ,try pass a grille near st petes beach for a nice seaside day out.

Dublin
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rollerblading near Haines???

Thank you, Sungolfer, I've taken note of your suggestions