We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants open on Thanksgiving Day

Tennessee
Level Contributor
31 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants open on Thanksgiving Day

My family will be staying in Gainesville on Thanksgiving night. Do you know if any restaurants will be open? Fast food is okay.

Thank you!

Coral Gables...
Level Contributor
79 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants open on Thanksgiving Day

Tough to know two weeks out, nobody is advertising their Thanksgiving hours just yet. I remember being on the road for Thanksgiving a couple years back and it was very difficult to find any place that was open. A couple of sure bets are hotel restaurants and cafeteria style restaurants. The Best Western Gateway Grand (352-331-3336) at I-75 and NW 39th Ave has a pretty decent restaurant that I imagine has to be open to serve hotel guests, as would the restaurants at any of the other large hotels such as the Hilton UF (352-371-3600), Holiday Inn University Center (352-376-1661), or Paramount Plaza (352-377-4000). There is a Picadilly Cafeteria (352-378-7422) at 2620 NW 13th Street that may be serving traditional turkey dinners. Good luck.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
31 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants open on Thanksgiving Day

Thanks for your help. Guess we'll pack some peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, just in case! LOL

3. Re: Restaurants open on Thanksgiving Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:27 am, October 14, 2009