We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need name & location of best restaurant in town.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
246 reviews
Save Topic
Need name & location of best restaurant in town.

I need to know the name of the most impressive restaurant in Gainsville. I am thinking of something along the lines of Morton's or Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. The purpose of the dinner is an important business meeting, and I need a place with great food, superior service and nice atmosphere.

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need name & location of best restaurant in town.

Try Mark's. I've never personally ate there but i have heard it's really good.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need name & location of best restaurant in town.

Thanks. Do you know what their menu is?

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
366 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need name & location of best restaurant in town.

Stonewood Grill and Tavern, though it's not as upscale as Ruth's Chris, it has great steak and neat atmosphere, the service we received was excellent (which is saying a lot in a college town). You can view their menu online at: www.stonewoodgrill.com

I've never been to Mark's but you can view their menu at: www.marksprimesteakhouse.com

4. Re: Need name & location of best restaurant in town.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, September 13, 2009