We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Out-of-state student trying for in-state state tuition?

Which Gainesville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
413 posts
Save Topic
Out-of-state student trying for in-state state tuition?

I know it is hard, but what are the requirments for an out-of-state student to be re-classified for as an in-state student for tuition purposes (i.e.- less money). Would it be enough if the student changes driver's license and registers to vote in Florida, or does it really come down to whether parents, who live out of state, declar student as a dependant on their tax returns?

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Out-of-state student trying for in-state state tuition?

Would it be enough if the student changes driver's license and registers to vote in Florida,

No. I don't know the rules but it's hard. Call the university and they will tell you.

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Out-of-state student trying for in-state state tuition?

Would it be enough if the student changes driver's license and registers to vote in Florida...?

No, I don't remember the way to get in-state tuition but it is very difficult. Call the university and they will tell you the rules.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,511 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Out-of-state student trying for in-state state tuition?

drhttp://www.admissions.ufl.edu/residency/index.htmlivers

Here is the website with the residency requirements.

4. Re: Out-of-state student trying for in-state state tuition?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:36 am, October 01, 2007