We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Trip to Okaloosa Island

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
Our Trip to Okaloosa Island

We stayed at Four Points Sheraton it is in a great location and the Ocean front rooms are awesome. The sand is white the water is emerald. The pier is within walking distance and we saw Dolphins every time we went out on the pier. The Gulfarium is also within walking distance. My daughter did the Dolphin splash encounter , it was worth every penny.

We bought a flash drive with 106 pictures on it of the encounter. They have a Dolphin show and a Sea Lion Show. We fed the penguins and a seagull swooped down and stole a fish out of my hand that I was giving the penguin. We loved the sea otters. Our Snorkeling Cruise was canceled due to weather so we went on the Sea Blaster Dolphin Sunset Cruise out of Destin. It was fun free Wine , Beer and Soda Pop and good 80s music. We saw lots of Dolphins. The beach is so awesome on Okaloosa Island my only thoughts are is April is a little early , the water is cold and the weather was cold and rainy at times. I want to go back but I will wait until late May , June or July next time.

Edited: 9:50 am, April 22, 2013
oklahoma
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Trip to Okaloosa Island

Thanks for the trip report! Sounds like you had a great time!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
444 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Trip to Okaloosa Island

We were there at the same time - our daughter's spring break. The beach is still great for walking and playing in the sand but yes the water was cold and rough too. Find a heated pool and a place with a hot tub and you'll be good to go! The compromise for less crowds in sometimes less-than-perfect weather. Fall is the best time to go honestly - after kids are back in school. The gulf is so warm by then. We pull our daughter out of school to go in late September.

I've wondered about the Dolphin Encounter so thanks for your feedback!

3. Re: Our Trip to Okaloosa Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Fort Walton Beach