We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a condo "like" waterscape

t j
Morganfield...
3 posts
Save Topic
looking for a condo "like" waterscape

Love the waterscape condos just a little to pricy anyone know of some other condos that are very close to the same at a lower price? Im looking for a 2 bed 2 bath with a view on the beach with swimming pools and a hot tub. Would like to have a resteraunt on site as well. Thanks for all your help.

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for a condo "like" waterscape

Unfortunately the more amenities - splash pools, lazy rivers etc the higher the cost. There are condos all along the Island with swimming pools and hot tubs, but if you want what Waterscape has to offer, it comes at a price.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
444 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for a condo "like" waterscape

Most buildings have 2 bed/2 bath units with pools and hot tubs, but not the other items. Technically you could get a 1 bedroom with a bunk for less money. Waterscape has a little nook with bunks in their units. I wouldn't care to do that, but plenty of people do.

t j
Morganfield...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for a condo "like" waterscape

Thank you for your reply. I have a 13 and a 15 year old. I don't know if that bunk area is enough privacy. It didn't really look like it had a door on it. Thank you so much for the idea though. If the girls were younger it wouldn't be an issue at all about the bunks. They do like their privacy.

t j
Morganfield...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for a condo "like" waterscape

So can you give off a couple of names of condos that you would consider as good as waterscape as long as they have 2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms a pool on site a hot tub on site and resteraunt on site. Im just looking for some other ideas to look at. It doesn't have to be waterscape. Yes it is awesome but it is just really pricy.

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for a condo "like" waterscape

The restaurant on site part is the hard part. I cannot think of any condo developments on the island that have a restaurant. Is that a deal breaker for you?

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for a condo "like" waterscape

When we were looking to buy a condo we saw a few in Watersedge. I thought the pool area was very nice, although it does not have a restaurant on site, the Holiday Inn is right by it. The holiday Inn has an outside snack bar, where you can get burgers etc. And an in door restaurant. Destin West has pools, and lazy rivers but I think they are about the same price as Waterscape. And the Ramada and Sheraton and the boardwalk are near by all with Restaurants. I am completely biased, but we love Island Princess, again no restaurant, but not far from the Holiday Inn. We often walk down for a burger and adult beverage.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
444 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for a condo "like" waterscape

If you focus your search on the east end of the beach (around Waterscape) you could easily walk to the Boardwalk via the beach. There are restaurants there. Also on that end you can walk to Old Bay Steamer, The Waffle House, and Helen Back Cafe.

I'm sorry but I don't know all the buildings in order. Next to Waterscape you have Sea Oats, then Azure - both have the pools/hot tub. I found this map actually. I'm sure it's missing buildings too - it's from Southern Vacation Rentals. They manage tons of units. southernresorts.com/gulf-coast-guide/…

8. Re: looking for a condo "like" waterscape

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 06, 2014