We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Azure unit for 12?

Which Fort Walton Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
44 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Azure unit for 12?

Am getting excited about our summer trip. Will be staying with a group at Azure Condos at Fort Walton, and am hoping someone who's stayed there can fill me in:

1) Is it possible to walk off property and find interesting boutiques, restaurants, bars, etc?

2) What's the restaurant like? Is there a bar? Do the beach chairs get snapped up pretty early, or are they reserved (can/should I bring my own)?

3) What was the unit like, in which you stayed (as in, if you had a unit with three bedrooms, or two bedrooms and a study with a pull-out couch, is it possible to fit 12 people --7adults, 5 kids--in a unit)?

There doesn't seem to be much information about the property on the Internet.

Louisville,Ky.
Level Contributor
285 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Azure unit for 12?

check out Resort Quest....its cheaper to rent directly from the owner but Resort Quest has condo's availabe sometimes when the rest are booked. Regardless there is a good overview of the property at their site.

www.resortquest.com/portal/page…

indiana
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Azure unit for 12?

We stayed there spring break and loved it. It is walking distance to a few restaurants and bars but not any shops that I saw except for a Wings store. There is a great place to eat called The Old Bay Steamer across the street. There is no restaurant on the complex.

The pools are very nice and it was not crowded when we were there.

Chairs were easy to get.

We stayed in a 3 bedroom unit and had 5 people very comfortably. I think 12 people would be a bit crowded but you are not in the room much so you might be fine. I think 8 is probably as high a number of people that would fit comfortably.

Our condo was beautiful and we had a great time. Stay away from a bar called the Swamp it really isn't safe.

Broken Bow, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Azure unit for 12?

what is unsafe about the swamp?

indiana
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Azure unit for 12?

My daughter and her friend went there and had some problems. I guess they felt like it was a bad crowd and came home after about 20 minutes. We have relatives who live in ft walton and said young girls should not go there alone. They were both 19. I guess for older adults it would probably be ok. Their first bar experience so maybe a little biased. It was also spring break so I guess that would make a difference

indiana
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Azure unit for 12?

My daughter and her friend went there and had some problems. I guess they felt like it was a bad crowd and came home after about 20 minutes. We have relatives who live in ft walton and said young girls should not go there alone. They were both 19. I guess for older adults it would probably be ok. Their first bar experience so maybe a little biased. It was also spring break so I guess that would make a difference

USA
Level Contributor
44 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Azure unit for 12?

I'm late to read your response, but I really appreciate it. Am trying to learn all I can about the property and area before heading there.

Thanks for the info re: the Swamp, but if 12 people in the condo really IS going to be a sardine experience, I might have to risk it for a much-needed drink, you know?

Anyway. Am looking for enough activities so that I'm away from the unit more than in it.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
78 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Azure unit for 12?

I had two 18 yr. old boys go to The Swamp on a Saturday night. It was a $20 charge to get in (!!) and they really liked the band, but said they were the youngest ones there so were a little 'out of their league'. They didn't mention if it was 'unsafe', but they are boys so probably don't need to worry about that like girls do.

Spring Hill...
Level Contributor
245 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Azure unit for 12?

The Old Bay Steamer is Great...

My wife and I visited FW/Destin, FL last Fourth Weekend...the best meal we had was at the Old Bay Steamer (upon recommendation). When we drove up it looked like there would be a three hour wait, but my wife was able to secure a table for two IMMEDIATELY, apparently the wait was for the larger parties!! We feasted on wonderful salads, mounds of steamed shrimp served with corn and potatoes! Interior is beautiful, nice contemporary art; helpful, courteous service; and of course magnificent fresh food!! Go!

9. Re: Azure unit for 12?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, August 16, 2009