We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking area at end of Santa Rosa Blvd?

Ohio
Level Contributor
736 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Parking area at end of Santa Rosa Blvd?

My family & I would like to explore the government-owned beach area next to El Matador at the end of Santa Rosa but will have to drive there. Is there a parking area or can we park on the side of the road? Are we able to access the road I see on the satellite map that goes through that area? Also, are we permitted to set up our chairs and hang out for the day?

Louisiana
Level Contributor
89 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking area at end of Santa Rosa Blvd?

I don't have the answer but that's a very good question and I'd like to know, too. Maybe thinkin'vacation could chime in. I know she stays at El Matador.

Ohio
Level Contributor
736 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking area at end of Santa Rosa Blvd?

We discovered that access is restricted and we were not permitted to pass through with our car.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking area at end of Santa Rosa Blvd?

Correct. You can not access the road.

There is no public parking at the end of Santa Rosa Blvd. The El Matador is a gated resort, so that is not an option.

You would need to go to the public access, which is probably about 5 resort properties away, between Islander & the Coquina Property / Island Sands .... then walk down. Not a terribly long walk unless you are hauling beach gear. Then I wouldn't do it, if I had stuff to carry....

When in the government property, you need to stay on the beachfront & are not allowed to wander up into their land.

It is a nice perk of staying at that end, to take long walks ..... Often with no one around :-)

Tennessee
Level Contributor
942 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking area at end of Santa Rosa Blvd?

There is a closer public beach. We just spent 2 weeks, returning today. It runs between some apartments and a condo complex. Forget the name of them. The apartments are not direct beach front and there are several buildings and across from El Matador.

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking area at end of Santa Rosa Blvd?

Beach access #7 900 Santa Rosa Blvd beteen Somerset apartments and Seacrest condos, parking is available

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking area at end of Santa Rosa Blvd?

Most be near El Matador, because that is 909 Santa Rosa Blvd.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking area at end of Santa Rosa Blvd?

Thanks....I forgot about that access. It is next to Seacrest condos, correct ?

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking area at end of Santa Rosa Blvd?

It is right next to Island Surf condos. Nice little parking area with grills and facilities.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
942 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking area at end of Santa Rosa Blvd?

That is the one I was talking about!

10. Re: Parking area at end of Santa Rosa Blvd?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 17, 2013