We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stopover recommendations from FW to New Jersey

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,400 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
stopover recommendations from FW to New Jersey

Next month we will be doing one stopover on the way up (staying in Chattanooga, tn). On the way home we want to take our time and do a 2 night stopover, can someone recommend a nice town. We would like to drive appx 6-7 hours each day. I came across Huntsville, AL which is 6 1/2 hrs from FW but not sure if there is anything there (we havent stayed in AL before). Can someone recommend a nice place to stop. I have 3 kids ages 8, 10, and 20

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stopover recommendations from FW to New Jersey

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g30620-d10…

The Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville is a great place to visit. I would just do the Museum and skip the driving tour of NASA. My kids were bored on the driving tour.

Huntsville is a nice size town and you won't have a problem finding any restaurants. There is a Marriott right at the the museum and that would make your visit quite easy if you stayed there.

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,400 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stopover recommendations from FW to New Jersey

thanks very much! I saw reviews of the museum so it looks like an interesting thing for the kids to do.

3. Re: stopover recommendations from FW to New Jersey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:47 am, July 12, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Fort Walton Beach