We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ft. Walton Beach/Ramada Plaza Resort

Minco, Oklahoma
1 post
Save Topic
Ft. Walton Beach/Ramada Plaza Resort

Hi! We are planning a trip to FWB in late July, have reservations at Ramada Plaza Resort. It's our first trip to Florida, and my girls (ages 7,10.16) first trip to the beach! Wanting any suggestions on must see's and must eat's in the area. Also any comments on recent stay at this resort..;) Thanks so much!!

Mentioned in this post
Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale
Ramada Plaza Fort...
1,570 Reviews
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Florida
Florida
United States
Level Contributor
229 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ft. Walton Beach/Ramada Plaza Resort

Every Thursday night at the Harbor Walk is a free Fireworks show. It's nice to go down on the pier and watch it. If you enjoy being on the water, Try to rent a seadooor or a barge for you to ride out and view the bay. Suggestion would be http://www.crabislandwatersports.com/ ask for Stan or Colton. We used them last year and they are great !! Also go to the Fishing Pier in Ft Walton and watch dolphins, turtles, etc swim around it. Pier admission is around $3. We enjoyed hunting live hermit crab at the park just off of 30 between Ft Walton Okaloosa Island and Destin. They are right there on the beach and in shallow calm water. Admission is free.

Oh, and go to Krispy Kreme there in Destin on the main drag and watch them make the best donuts!! My hubby and kiddos go there first thing in the mornings.

You might want to go east a Fudpuckers for a lil Alligator entertainment too.

My family loves the Fast Track go carts in Destin. We suggewst the big wooden track. Lots of laughs there. If I'm not mistaken, around $7 to drive carts. Putt Putt is there too.

With all these things, I still say, sitting on the beach at sunset is priceless!!

Mentioned in this post
Fort Walton Beach
Fort Walton Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
Okaloosa Island
Okaloosa Island
1,263 Reviews
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Destin
Destin
Florida Panhandle, FL
ny
Level Contributor
193 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ft. Walton Beach/Ramada Plaza Resort

Xtrawed do you get to keep the hermit crabs that you catch and are they easy to get. Also what is the name of the park? thanks

Fort Walton Beach...
Destination Expert
for Fort Walton Beach
Level Contributor
379 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ft. Walton Beach/Ramada Plaza Resort

Gulf islands seashore is the park where hermit crabs are. You can keep them but it might be better to play with it while there and then release it to be found by the next person.

If you don't want to fight the crowds into destin, uptown station is fun in ft Walton beach. The gulfarium has been revamped and is nice. Goofy Golf on Eglin Pkwy is the oldest surviving. It's fun and cheap way to spend an hour in the evening.

4. Re: Ft. Walton Beach/Ramada Plaza Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:40 am, June 24, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Fort Walton Beach