We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront accomodations

Which Fort Walton Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tennessee
Level Contributor
266 posts
Save Topic
Beachfront accomodations

I have stayed in Navarre Beach close to a dozen times in the past. Although I do love Navarre, I'm looking for something different and recall Ft. Walton Beach/Okaloosa Island being very pretty.

I prefer moderately upscale, nice accomodations. Can anyone point me toward some rentals in that area that I might like? I prefer a medium size condo complex, with a pool and oceanfront of course.

I would also like a less crowded area of the beach, if there is any such place.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Edited: 8:29 pm, June 17, 2012
Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachfront accomodations

Really I do not think you can wrong with any condo development on Okaloosa Island. Since condos are individually owned, the decor and condition will vary. So be sure to look at all pictures carefully. I would also ask any owners how long ago the pictures were taken. We retake our pictures every year for VRBO, but some people have the same pictures posted for years, so the condition of furniture etc could have gone down. As far as crowds, when were you planning on coming, that will be a determination of how crowded the beach will be.

Valparaiso, Indiana
Level Contributor
328 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachfront accomodations

We're doing the opposite; after staying in several different units in FWB, we're staying in Navarre this year for change of scenery, access to Pensacola for Blue Angels and Wahoos, and pier fishing. I loved Gulf Dunes top-floor units, they were always our family's favorites of anywhere we stayed in FWB.

Edited: 8:16 am, June 19, 2012
Midwest
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachfront accomodations

Belle Riva would be the newest & most upscale resort, at the quieter end of the beach.

Azure is fairly new & very nice.

PLENTY of other nice resorts to chose from.... Just post anything you find & you'll get opinions here.

4. Re: Beachfront accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Fort Walton Beach