We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaweed in August?

Which Fort Walton Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Missouri
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Seaweed in August?

I posted this on the Destin board yesterday but nobody answered. I thought I would post here since FWB is pretty close to Destin. My boss said she remembers when she went to Destin one August and the beach and water were covered with seaweed. She didn't know if this was something that occured every year at that time or if it was something out of the ordinary? We will be in Destin around the 8th of August. Is this something we should be aware of during this time? Thanks!

texarkana, tx
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seaweed in August?

we had a great trip to fwb in june and the seaweed was pretty bad on the beach. just in a line where it washed up tho. there wasn't alot in the water. and there is none in the pool, which i highly recommend for taking a dip. not in the gulf!

texarkana, tx
Level Contributor
62 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seaweed in August?

we had a great trip to fwb in june and the seaweed was pretty bad on the beach. just in a line where it washed up tho. there wasn't alot in the water. and there is none in the pool, which i highly recommend for taking a dip. not in the gulf!