We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tripower Vacation Rentals double booked our condo

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tripower Vacation Rentals double booked our condo

Just a word of warning for those of you going to Ft. Myers Beach. We booked through VRBO, rental agent was Tripower. Got to our condo and there were people in it.......they double booked our condo. Nightmare. Finally after moving our stuff five times, we ended up back where we started in a different unit. Whole first day wasted. For our trouble they gave us a $50 gift card to a restaurant we couldn't go to, no car. Just double check your reservation with them again and again.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
270 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tripower Vacation Rentals double booked our condo

I've found that most rentals we've checked for FMB on VRBO, you deal directly with the owner. There was only one that had a rental agency. May I ask what condo complex you were renting? And what restaurant they gave you a gift card for?

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,654 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tripower Vacation Rentals double booked our condo

I have rented through vrbo and delt only with the owners. Sorry you had such a bad time of it.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tripower Vacation Rentals double booked our condo

Not cool, I would not rent from Tri Power again. That is a nightmare. Glad we had awesome weather for ya.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
707 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tripower Vacation Rentals double booked our condo

That's horrible!!!! I totally believe you.

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tripower Vacation Rentals double booked our condo

I use vrbo and Homeaway frequently and more and more frequently, after making contact with the owner they have a Property Manager contact us, usually a real estate company. Seems like the companies are posting on these sites quite a bit now. But we've had very good luck dealing with the real estate companies on Anna Maria and Indian Rocks Beach. I see Tripower is a Century 21 company. Must have just been an error on their part.

There is insurance you can get that covers you if the property is not as advertised but I'm sure it's would still be very inconvenient if it was double-booked. Never had that happen, but now I'll be watching. Thanks.

Edited: 8:51 am, March 26, 2014
6. Re: Tripower Vacation Rentals double booked our condo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 28, 2015