We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Let the good times roll......

Which Fort Myers Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
106 posts
77 reviews
Let the good times roll......

We will be there june 1st! As we struggle through the week we would rather daydream than plan. After perusing many posts in this forum, from the good to the bad to the ugly, we are wondering......those of you that have visited, what would you definitely do again? And those of you that live there tell us your absolute favorite thing about FMB. Restaurants, day trips, beaches, local shops, happy hours, drives or boat rides.....anything. We decided to make a game out of it and pick one of your responses from a jar each day we are there. So please, let the good times roll and thanks!

Level Contributor
296 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Let the good times roll......

Love it! We did something like that for our first Key West trip, worked out very well. Can't go wrong with the TA forum suggestions.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,318 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Let the good times roll......

When I 1st got here I did a Great Getaway Fishing Trip, spent a day on Lovers Key State Park, went shelling on Sanibel and went to the Bubble Room, stopped at Periwinkle Trailer Park for a "zoo trip" and went to Seafarers Mall, Skippers Galley, Beach BBQ and Ocean Jewels=the last 4 are no longer here. Remember C Dreams? the 1st 1 hour photo shop at the base of the bridge?

maine
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Let the good times roll......

We are getting ready for our 5th trip to FMB. We have some new things planned as well as some things that we do every time. We always spend one whole day on Sanibel starting with breakfast at the Island Cow. Then we beach hop down the coast spending a couple of hours at each beach. We also usually rent Jet Skis. Some new things we are doing this time is taking a private shelling cruise and going to the Zoo in Naples. Of course we have to leave enough time for doing absolutely nothing but lounge on the beach!!!

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,387 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Let the good times roll......

I have to agree with the above posts, Sanibel and Lover's Key are great as well as a trip to the Everglades and the Naples zoo. If our into water sports renting a jet ski should be fun.

Clinton, Iowa
Level Contributor
232 posts
67 reviews
5. Re: Let the good times roll......

We have been vacatioing there ever Jan. for 5 years and have booked rooms for the next two years. So yes we think its a great place. Still lots to do an see!

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
106 posts
77 reviews
6. Re: Let the good times roll......

Great ideas riviera, we think alike. Last year we took tropic star over to cayo costa.....LOVED IT! Plan on doing it again but this time we may go with captiva cruises. So far bowmans beach is our favorite on sanibel, looking to explore a few more this time.... we plan to try a captiva beach this time. I think naples zoo will make it into the jar, my daughter loves going to the zoo......we had been considering it. We have yet to try the island cow, so that will go in the jar too. We want to check out bonita area beaches and shopping local flavor....please keep sharing everyone.

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
106 posts
77 reviews
7. Re: Let the good times roll......

Forgot to ask, i got a groupon for the fort myers princess, booked the sunset cruise, has anyone does this? I know it's kinda corny and touristy but my daughter loves going on boats and i thought it would be cool to see the islands (sanibel and FMB) from the water....the reviews looked good

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
375 posts
152 reviews
8. Re: Let the good times roll......

I have taken the cruise and it is an enjoyable evening. Make sure you read the rules of the groupon as I remember you have to make a reservation in advance.

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
106 posts
77 reviews
9. Re: Let the good times roll......

THANK YOU! we did make the reservation, my concern is weather....since we will be there only a week and the cruise is only offered 2 of those nights I am hoping they don't cancel for weather conditions or an empty boat! Was it crowded when you went?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
375 posts
152 reviews
10. Re: Let the good times roll......

It could happen but the F.M.Princess will refund the groupon value, and if you actually want your money back I think groupon will even return that. I stay in the Marina Village where the boat docks and as I said it could happen though not too often.

Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach