We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Pink Shell: Travelocity vs booking directly?

St. Louis
13 posts
Save Topic
Booking Pink Shell: Travelocity vs booking directly?

Hi,

I'm interested in booking several nights at the Pink Shell Resort. I noticed a big difference in price per night when comparing on-lines companies like Travelocity. Is there any advantage to booking directly with the hotel? I'm interested in a room higher up in the building and this is something I can't specify with the online travel companies. Can a room be reserved higher up in the building by booking with a 3rd party? If a 3rd party is best, which is a good company to go with, or a discounted rate?

Thanks for any advice you have.

Tom

Port Charlotte...
Level Contributor
98 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Pink Shell: Travelocity vs booking directly?

I'm in the insustry, and when having requests booking direct is best. The hotel pays a commission to the third parties, so if they don't give the same rate aswhats online suggest speaking to a Supervisor since such a large hotel. If they have something lower online its because room type or location isn't guaranteed.

I would shop the websites like kayak to compare, but to do well a hotel has to keep rate parity.

If your dates are flexible, get a supervisor or just a strong reservationist and ask what days would be the best to give the best rate while still meeting your rate requests. Sometimes are busier for reasons we can't see, corporate events, weddings.etc.

Lastly, share you want the best rate and would suggest a win - win, instead of paying a third party. I'm sure a place as big as this, I'm sure they prefer inhouse bookings. To me, there's so many pros to booking direct and I've been in the industry for many years!

Let us know how it goes!

Port Charlotte...
Level Contributor
98 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Pink Shell: Travelocity vs booking directly?

Smaller hotels it maybe a Dir of Sales or Manger, just to add. A larger hotel a supervisor is typically good, but often the person that answers takes care of everything without issue! This has been true at beaches from here to islands, and Vegas. Good luck!

Danvers...
Level Contributor
7 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Pink Shell: Travelocity vs booking directly?

I always book directly with the hotel where ever i travel, as they are more accomondating when you do and can always get the best deal. if you mention trip advisor at the Pink Shell they have a special book so many nights and get a free one, thats what i did. also the travel sites dont include the resort or extra fees that you will have to pay when you arrive, this way you will get all the fees up front. also you can request the higher floors and they will always give you better attention.

4. Re: Booking Pink Shell: Travelocity vs booking directly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach