We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We Dumped the Dump. Thanks.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
We Dumped the Dump. Thanks.

Based on input from all of you...unanimously, we cancelled our reservations at Lani Kai and re-booked (based on availability) one night at the Dolphin Inn and two nights at the Outrigger.

We paid a little more but you had us scared.

Did we make the right move?

And now, at that at end of the island, where are some nice tropical places to eat and drink?

Thanks all! See you next week!

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,436 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: We Dumped the Dump. Thanks.

Do your hell raising when you stay on the north side of the island. There are lots of bars and restaurants. I don't mind watching the sunset from the rooftop bar of the Lani Kai, but it was a good call cancelling the room. When I was there last, I only drank canned beer lol.

I agree with the others about the places in the Santini Plaza. I like both the Fish House and Skye's. At Skye's I like the Huevos Rancheros for breakfast. You will be able to walk to the plaza from the Outrigger.

The Outrigger also has a tiki bar. There was a guy playing guitar out there when I visited in January.

The beach at the Outrigger is huge. If you get a good, low tide in the AM, the shelling is decent too.

By the way, I hope you get lucky with a good, clear dusk. The sunset to the left was taken right in back of the Outrigger Tiki bar.

Edited: 7:39 am, February 15, 2013
12. Re: We Dumped the Dump. Thanks.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 17, 2014