We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area is nicer

omaha
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Which area is nicer

We are looking to stay in the vicinity of Ft. Myers, Sanibel or Cape Coral. Planning a trip the end of the month and I can see that we've waited too late to find a nice hotel at a decent price. I would like to narrow my search and wondered which area is the nicer. Looking for beach front hotels. Any recommendations? We are an older couple who like to sit on the beach, take long walks, and enjoy the night life.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Cape Coral
Cape Coral
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Fort Myers Beach...
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which area is nicer

For beachfront hotels, your choices are FMB or Sanibel. Sanibel will be more expensive. Cape Coral doesn't have much in the way of beaches.

Nightlife- FMB has the edge over Sanibel.

On FMB Beachfront hotels include Pink Shell, Best Western, Neptune Inn, Outrigger and Holiday Inn but there are lots more. Check the hotel list here on TA.

The sooner you can book-the more choices you'll have. The season is in full swing in SWFL.

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Cape Coral
Cape Coral
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
The Neptune Resort
The Neptune Resort
1,172 Reviews
Fort Myers Beach, FL
jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,673 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which area is nicer

Have you thought of renting a condo? I really like FMB and like mid-island. You may like the southern end near Lover's Key. the PSBR is very nice. It is late but you can check www.vrbo.com or www.gulfcoastalrentals.com

3. Re: Which area is nicer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 04, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach