We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code in restaurants

Newcastle
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dress code in restaurants

Me and my husband are arriving from England in April for 2 weeks. Could you please tell us what the dress code is for both men and women in the restaurants at night. Not sure what to pack.

Many Thanks

Minnetonka...
Level Contributor
193 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code in restaurants

shorts/capris, tshirts, flipflops, basic beachwear.

That's for 95% of the places. There may be a couple of places which are not quite so casual, but I've never been to one. Someone else who has been to some of the more upscale places can better answer.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code in restaurants

correct. and go to Bonita Bills where their motto is "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem, Wanna a Beer?" very casual here.

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code in restaurants

very casual....the nicer restaurants maybe a little nicer beachwear...sun dress or a little dressier top and nicer capris...sandals. everywhere you go you will see people in bathing suites with a coverup.....during the day ....eating at times square restaurants. That is what is so nice about this area....very laid back beach town. For hubby shorts and maybe a button down tropical shirt/t shirt ....dockers...if you decide to go somewhere a little nicer.Like the bayfront bistro or fresh catch bistro....doc fords...enjoy

Fort Myers Beach...
Level Contributor
320 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code in restaurants

Never been to a restaurant here that enforces a dress code of any type. That being said I have always shown up in shorts a shirt and flip flops. Sometimes a ball cap. Never tried barefoot shorts and a tank top or anything like that.

Englewood, Fl.
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code in restaurants

With very few exceptions, we here in Florida enjoy a pretty laid back, casual lifestyle. As a general rule of thumb, most year-round resident men, like myself, only own one necktie, and the only time we wear socks is to weddings and funerals, and this is only if we are very close to either the bride, the groom, or the deceased.

Pack light, casual, comfortable, and enjoy your visit!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
470 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress code in restaurants

As many people are saying on here the restaurants are very relaxed

You'll love it at FMB we've been going for years and have been around 15 times now! Certainly beats the weather we get here in Newcastle!!!!!!

Which airports you flying from/to?

Clinton, Iowa
Level Contributor
241 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress code in restaurants

Charlies....dress shorts and casual shirt....

Boston...
Level Contributor
84 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress code in restaurants

Funny when I was there last yr. it seemed very laid back and casual in just about every restaraunt, except for one night we had dinner at Charlie's Boathouse. I had khaki style shorts on and a polo type golf shirt and it seemed like I was getting a bad vibe...Idk...didn't see anything about a dress code damn we were on an island...at the beach what did they expect?

Fort Myers Beach...
Level Contributor
320 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dress code in restaurants

Went to Charlie's last week in shorts tshirt and flip flops. No issues at all. But then again I'm not the type to care much if the people who dressed up at the table next to me don't like my outfit.

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dress code in restaurants

tom- you were dressed just fine!!

Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach