We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Beach Vacation Traditions?

Which Fort Myers Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
144 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Beach Vacation Traditions?

We have travelled to FMB many times over the years after visiting my parents in Ocala but this will be the first year we spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day on the beach. I've tried to do a little research as to what others do as "tradition" for the holidays when they are away from home and at the beach but come up with nothing more than where to eat. Please keep in mind we have a 14yo and an almost 3 yo. For those who are experienced Christmas travellers, what are your family traditions at the beach during the holiday?

Fort Myers, FL
Level Contributor
353 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Christmas Beach Vacation Traditions?

Although I am a resident and not a visitor, my husband's family from out of state comes every Christmas. On Christmas morning we always go for breakfast at Plaka at Times Square, then take a big family photo at the pointsettia "tree" (Times Square), and finish off with a family mini golf tournament at Smuggler's Cove Adventure Golf.

I'm not certain about Christmas Eve happenings as we spend the evening at our church.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Christmas Beach Vacation Traditions?

oh go see the edison/ford homes which are beautifully decorated for the holiday

Cape Coral
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Christmas Beach Vacation Traditions?

As a local, I agree with beachbratz, The Edison/Ford Estate is SO BEAUTIFUL AT CHRISTMAS! Also, drive over to Captiva and see the wonderful decorations at Tween Waters Inn.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,561 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Christmas Beach Vacation Traditions?

GGBCapeCoral, I agree withe the decorations at Tween Waters Inn. I have pictures of us in front of their xmas tree.

15. Re: Christmas Beach Vacation Traditions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 24, 2013