We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ft myers beach & outriggers hotel - directly on the gulf?

NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
ft myers beach & outriggers hotel - directly on the gulf?

Hello! I'm a bit confused and was hoping for some direction about the ft. myers beach area. We are thinking about visiting Ft. Myers beach and staying at the Outriggers beach resort. Last year we stayed in st. pete's and loved it - the hotel was directly on the Gulf/beach.

is outriggers directly on the gulf/beach?

and if not, any opinions on your preference and pros/cons for each would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,406 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ft myers beach & outriggers hotel - directly on the gulf?

Yes, it is. However, the last time I walked by it, it didn't seem to have that many gulf front rooms. I have stayed very close to there a few times, and I can say that area is my favorite part of Ft Myers Beach to stay.

NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ft myers beach & outriggers hotel - directly on the gulf?

Thanks! We dont plan to spend mouch time in the room so I'm ok with a non-gulf front room - would rather save the $$ for other fun stuff.

Have you ever stayed at this hotel?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
471 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ft myers beach & outriggers hotel - directly on the gulf?

I have and they are motel style rooms. Good but not the best

The outrigger is directly on the beach and has the best tiki bar in tha area in my opinion. I much prefer the south end of FMB and the outrigger is a good place to stay

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ft myers beach & outriggers hotel - directly on the gulf?

A great location. 7-11 across the street, Munch Box and Charley's Boat House and Beach Theater all right there. A Cafe on site and the Tiki Bar with live entertainment. Walk the Beach to Holiday Inn for another Tiki Bar and Pinchers Crab Shack. Across the street is a CVS and Villa Santini Plaza.. The Beach is huge and white sugar sand. You'll love it.

Ft. Myers Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
271 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ft myers beach & outriggers hotel - directly on the gulf?

The beach is really wide there. One thing to consider if you have trouble walking through sand. My family stays there when they visit and that is their only issue sometimes as one of them has double knee replacement and has trouble making it across to the water. otherwise they love it.

NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ft myers beach & outriggers hotel - directly on the gulf?

thank you for the feedback! I think we're going to love it!

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ft myers beach & outriggers hotel - directly on the gulf?

Welcome. Be sure to ask at check in when entertainment is at the Tiki Bar and be sure to catch Deb & The Dynamics at Holiday Inn's Tiki Bar, I think Fridays at 6. In the Plaza across from H.Inn is South Beach, 1/2 price apps at the bar and they are awesome. The Fish House is behind the Plaza on the Bay, be sure to eat there.

Charleys across from Outrigger has an awesome salad bar and delicious Entrees/Dinner Only...Munch Box has Homemade Breakfast and Lunch, All that and you have not even hit Time Square! Take a Trolley down to spend the day. Shopping and Restaurants/Bars all walking distance.

NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ft myers beach & outriggers hotel - directly on the gulf?

thank you!

Portage, Indiana
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ft myers beach & outriggers hotel - directly on the gulf?

We have stayed at Outrigger since 1994' and love !! We always get a beachfront efficiency. There is a elevator that goes up to the third floor. We stayed on the fourth floor. The beachfront overlooks onto the beach sand. You have to walk to the actual water but I stayed at St Pete beach a couple years ago near St John,s Pass and I like the beach at Fort Myers better! There was at St Pete too many jellyfish in the sand to dodge when walking! This year we were at Outrigger in June and they had the tropical storm I think Debby's and it rained everyday, 24/7. We have never had bad weather before, i always wondered about the tropical storm,s and we finally experienced it!!! We still enjoyed ourselves!!! One thing that changed is that they have Wifi in the rooms!!!! It was great, I was on my iPad and my Dh on his computer.You need to go to Charlie, boathouse, great food!!! Outrigger will give you a coupon for 10 percent off. We really love it. We ate there 3 times!!! It is right across the street.

NY
Level Contributor
93 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ft myers beach & outriggers hotel - directly on the gulf?

excellent - thanks so much!!