We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Temp

California
Level Contributor
34 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Water Temp

We will be in Ft Myers at the end of the month. Trying to decide how much we would use the beach. How warm is the water? Are we better to have condo with a heated pool or go to the beach?

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Temp

this website is reasonably good:

tropicalweather.net/Florida_water_temps.htm

It's already warm.

Boston...
Level Contributor
84 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Temp

We stayed @ Outrigger. They have heated pool which was fabulous. The Gulf water was maybe only a few degrees cooler than the heated pool. I think I saw 76 or 77 degrees for the ocean water. We swam in both. We along w/ many other people walked the beaches, often wading through the water until 630pm or so to watch the sunset. So if you are on ocean front property I would plan to at least try it out like we did and loved it.

Fort Myers Beach...
Level Contributor
320 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Temp

Pool and gulf temperatures are nearly the same now. Gulf is 75-78 depending where you're at around here. Unheated pools are around the same. Heated pools are typically set at 80 (ish)

Unless it gets a whole lot colder for a while, which is unlikely I would expect water temps to stay the same or climb.

la junta
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Temp

I agree, my grandkids actually said the water in the ocean was too warm!!! But they loved it.

texas
Level Contributor
433 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water Temp

I am on the water fishing almost everyday and the gulf has been a constant nice 82 degrees!!!

Enjoy!

Boston...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Water Temp

water was beautiful when I was there 2/26-3/4 so I'm guessing stil warm or warmer enjoy!

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Water Temp

It's warm. We body surfed yesterday - I was able to walk in without flinching.

ottawa
Level Contributor
736 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Water Temp

Right now its about perfect in the gulf .. warm but still refreshing .. wait a month or two and it will actually be TOO warm a water temp .. the gulf and the pools (-;

Valhalla, New York
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Water Temp

The water is beautiful and warm. We go every year to Ft Myers in July and the water is very warm. Also, I don't know where you are staying but check out the website Seaside All Suite. I LOVE THIS PLACE!! You can see and pick any room on line, all 2 bedrooms, 2 bath condos, beautiful kitchen,dining rooms livingroom, and on top of allllll that, the Publix grocery store is directly across the street. The trolly only cost .50 cents to go from one end of the island to the other. And if you are feeling adventurous and want to save money it only costs $2.00 to get from the airport to Ft Myers beach. The bus pulls up right in front of the airport ( $1.50 ) and drops you right off at the Sumerlin mall you hop on the trolly (.50 cents) and it goes straight down Estero Blvd Ft Myers beach. I saved $48.00, because the usual price to get from the airport is $50. I would not travel by bus if you are elderly the step to get onto the bus is to high for and elderly person. But whatever you do Ft Myers Beach is wonderful!! Have a blessed day.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Water Temp

You can find sea temperatures on this page from the National Weather Service in Tampa.

forecast.weather.gov/product.php…

The water is hot.

Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach