We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ft. Myers Beach- Sites to See?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ft. Myers Beach- Sites to See?

This will be our first trip to this location. Previously we have been to Naples and Tampa etc (from NorthEastern USA). We don't know anything except that we will be in the south end of the island. Since this is our 1st, what ca we expext Jan 28th to Feb 4th?Looking for special Dolphins, snorkeling areas, good eating spots, and nature walks etc.

Any ideas out there for us 1st timers?

Thanks

Dayton, OH
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ft. Myers Beach- Sites to See?

Ft Myers Beach is my favorite vacation spot. We were told the last time we were there that they feed the dolphins at the North end of the beach early every morning. Sorry, I dont know what time, as we didnt make it up there. Time square (also towards the northern end) is a great place to hang out in the evenings. They have various street performers, lots of restaurants and some shops and the pier is right there as well. We always go over to Sanibel Island during the day. JN Ding Darling is a great place for the Nature walk. You can drive thru, walk thru, or bike thru (we do all three) You will see alligators and all kinds of shore birds. There are a couple of places on Sanibel that you can rent bikes and there are bike trails all over the island. Sanibel is also well known for their shells on the beaches. Another great spot for Nature Walks is Corkscrew Swamp. It would be maybe about a 45 minute drive, but well worth it. It has a 2.25 mile boardwalk and is well worth making a couple of trips around it. It is actually in Naples but worth the drive for a day. I will be going back down the end of February and am really looking forward to it. Enjoy!!!

Ft Myers Florida
Level Contributor
273 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ft. Myers Beach- Sites to See?

I own a condo at the south end. You will love it. Lots of shelling at this end. Lovers Key is very close by and you can rent kyaks there and explore little coves. If you like good Italian food go to Fernando`s at Martha`s Vineyard, it is on the water behind the Publix grocery store. Steak is good at Charlie`s. We like to walk the beach and eat breakfast barefoot at the Outrigger buffet. Loggerheads Bar is a wonderfull place to go for drinks at night and the food is good to. They always have entertainment. You can take a sunset cruise at the marina behind Santinni Plaza. Best pizza is at the Dockside at the big north end bridge. Snug Harbour restaurant is good for a special meal on the back bay. Such a wonderfull friendly place, Ft Myers Beach. you will fall in love as we did. You are a few miles away from the March break croud at the south end but it is fun to hang out at the pier sometimes. It is a fun lace to people watch. Have a good holiday. Linda from Kingston.

Palm Harbor, FL
Level Contributor
200 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ft. Myers Beach- Sites to See?

The Edison/Ford House is a great museum. They do guided tours that are very informative and much of the tour is spent walking outside so it also makes for a nice walk. There is one of the largest banyan trees in Florida located there as well. Edisons labratory is still set up there.

Indiana
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Ft. Myers Beach- Sites to See?

Canuckiameh

Can you give me some info on a good place to watch the superbowl with some golfing buddies?

Ft Myers Florida
Level Contributor
273 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ft. Myers Beach- Sites to See?

I think I would make inquires at Junkanoos and the Dockside and upstairs at Snug Harbour. Might have big screens there. There is also supposed to be a new sports bar in the old Squiggys location.

pa
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ft. Myers Beach- Sites to See?

This will be our first trip with the kids off the East Coost. We rented a condo at carlos pointe. I beleive south end of beach. Just curious if anyone had any ideas on activities for a 6 and 9 yr old. Also what should I expect. From what I have read beach looks beautiful as well as the Gulf, Thanks in advance for the help. Please reply to off2vegas05@aol.com

Thanks again

Beckie

Ft Myers Florida
Level Contributor
273 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ft. Myers Beach- Sites to See?

Carlos Pointe is almost the last condo on the island. You will be behind the sandbar and a long way from the main beaches of Ft Myers but really close the the gorgeous Lovers Key Beaches. About a mile north of you will be a huge beach at the Holiday Inn and 5 miles north is the public beach of Times Square and the pier. Take advantage of the trolley. It will take you to Lovers Key and Times Square and all the way to Bodwitch Park at the very top of the island. A bargain for 25 cents. You will like Ft Myers Beach. The traffic is the only drawback, but it pretty much is bad anywhere in March. The people are so laid back and casual. Enjoy.

pa
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ft. Myers Beach- Sites to See?

Thanks for the reply.... Sounds like we are on a quiet part of the beach. Is there alot for kids where we are? We are completely clueless on the area. I have heard traffic to the island is BAD!!! We are coming april23.. you mentioned in March it is worse how about April? Thanks alot for your help.

Beckie

Ft Myers Florida
Level Contributor
273 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ft. Myers Beach- Sites to See?

We are usually there the last week of April with the grandchildren. Traffic is a whole lot better. A lot of snowbirds hear back home by April 15th. Weather will be wonderfull. There are bike and kyak rentals at Lovers Key. Several really good mini golf. You should see dolphins from your balcony. The pier has lots of stores and fishing. South of Naples is Everglades City and airboat rides. There is a zoo in Naples. Sanibel has Ding Darling Nature centre. You will not run out of things to do. If you can get a CAA book it will give you ideas. The kids will love it.

Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ft. Myers Beach- Sites to See?

Am staying at Carlos Pointe in August. Wondering what traffic is like at this time. Also what the weather is like at this time. Are there good restuarants in the vacinity of Carlos Pointe?

Thanks in advance

Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach