We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fort myers beach vs naples

glimmertos
Level Contributor
171 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
fort myers beach vs naples

Hi :)

Can anyone tell me a little about the difference between the two? :)

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fort myers beach vs naples

FMB is laid back easy going, everyone is on "beach time", very casual, a quaint little fishing village with beautiful white sugar sand.

Naples is old money and you need to dress and play the part 'cause everybody is watching and judging, don't have a hair out of place and there are noses in the air. I enjoy Tin City....

my opinion, I'm sure others will chime in...

glimmertos
Level Contributor
171 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fort myers beach vs naples

well, if that`s the case FMB it is!!! :) Thank you :)

What is tin city?

Can you recommend a good hotel on the beach in FMB? :)

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fort myers beach vs naples

I enjoy both areas. Ft. Myers Beach is more affordable and casual, while Naples is more upscale and expensive, although there can be some bargains to be found. Both have beautiful beaches, shopping, restaurants, bars, etc. It all depends on what you're looking for. I dress and behave the same way regardless of where I'm visiting and have never had a problem or felt out of place.

Clinton, Iowa
Level Contributor
241 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fort myers beach vs naples

I'll take Ft Meyers Beach any day........lots more fun and just flat out less expensive. Many good hotels, Edison Beach House, Best Western, Pink Shell...several others are good as you go south. We stay on north end of the island, park our car and walk or ride a bike to most of the places we want to go to.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,631 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fort myers beach vs naples

It's FMB for me. You will find a great selection of condos and hotels which are gulf front. If you have a car Naples is a short drive if you want to go to dinner or shop on 5th Ave, You might like the Best Western Hotel, check it out.

glimmertos
Level Contributor
171 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fort myers beach vs naples

thank you all :) i think we will be staying at edison beach house :) how is the beach there? is there any nightlife, nothing crazy, just nice to have options ;)

Utica, Michigan
Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: fort myers beach vs naples

2 Wise choices, FMB & Edison Beach House. You are right next door to the small and fun downtown FMB area. There is nothing really crazy, FMB is laid back like Jimmy Buffett, Naples & the Marco Islands is for the rich who do not get the true message about life in Florida!

8. Re: fort myers beach vs naples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, July 20, 2011
Fort Myers
Level Contributor
386 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: fort myers beach vs naples

Okay, I have to chime in. Fort Myers Beach is a quaint little beach with a few touristy shops, some fun restaurants and nice white powdery sand. There is nothing wrong with Naples or Marco Island.

Marco Island reminds me of Sanibel Island and is extremely pretty and very much Florida.

Naples is a fun place to visit because they do have some really cool stores and some top notch restaurants. Their beaches are just as pretty as every one on the Gulf Coast.

Each one of these places has it's own character and charm.

They all have the same beautiful scenery, sea life, fishing, sunsets, etc...Florida is a magical place, no matter when you vacation.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: fort myers beach vs naples

From a couple of visits years back what stood out in my memory was Naples.

In fact we are planning another trip to the area and want to visit Lovers Key (a gem) Naples and Sanibel.

All very glamorous areas but Fort Myers didn't fall into that category.

Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach