We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visitor to Ft.Myers Beach - Lots of ???s - Help...

Which Fort Myers Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
First time visitor to Ft.Myers Beach - Lots of ???s - Help...

We are arriving into Cape Coral next week and would like to visit Ft.Myers Beach for the day. We get lost going grocery shopping and I'm trying to get all my facts together in order to make this as easy as possible!!

1. About how far is Ft.Myers Beach from Cape Coral?

2. How will we know we are there?!!! I know, silly question, what I mean is where do we park? Will we see the beach when we get there? The Pier?

3. Should we take fishing rods if there is a pier?

4. I'm seeing from many posts here it's suggested to use the trolley. From Cape Coral, where would we park and take the trolley?

5. Can someone recommend beach areas for us? Is there an

area that offers a beach bar/restaurant with outdoor seating?

Live music?

What about facilities if we want to change?

6. Times Square area? What is it exactly? Any other spots suggested we see?

If anyone wants to jump in and suggest the itinerary for my day at the beach for me....by all means please do!

thanks

Cape Coral, FL
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: First time visitor to Ft.Myers Beach - Lots of ???s - Help...

Maja,

Take the Cape Coral Pkwy bridge and make a right just after the toll booths. Follow McGregor Blve towards the beaches. If you want to take the trolley (which is suggested) just follow the "park & ride" signs as beach parking can get expensive and if you park at the wrong place, you will be towed off.

If you get off the trolley just over the bridge, you will be at Times square where you can access the beach aswell as the pier and eateries with outdoor dining. That beach as public showers and restrooms with places to change.

If that part of the beach is too crowded for you, just take a walk along the beach until you find a spot that is suitable to your liking. If you walk to the right of the pier (if you are facing the pier) you will find less crowded sections of the beach.

You do not mention if you are traveling with children or not. If it is just adults, the beach bar or rooftop cafe at the Lani Kai have a great view and good food. Hooters is just up he road as well as other eateries depending on what you want. You can find plenty of burgers and ice cream right at Times square. If you plan on fishing at the pier, bring your poles.. they do have bait for sale there.

IF you travel by car just follow the road aver the bridge and stay to the left and you will find public access spots to your right as well as a few other beaches to park at. Traffic is stop and go most of the way though so arrive early and be prepared to be patient. Be careful where you park as they are quick to tow cars away if they are parked where they do not belong.