We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to Do in Ft. Myers?

Little Rock
8 posts
Save Topic
What to Do in Ft. Myers?

My fiance and I travel pretty extensively, but have never been to Ft. Myers. We are staying at Pointe Estero beginning Thursday of this week. We really want to know the places to eat, nightlife, best beaches, etc.. We plan on traveling to Naples as well. So, if we could get a little help, we would surely appreciate it...thanks.

blue springs, mo
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to Do in Ft. Myers?

If you're into shelling, you should definitely drive over to Sanibel. Great shelling at Bowman's Beach. We also rented a boat one day and went up the Intercoastal to Cabbage Key for burgers.

fort myers beach,fl
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to Do in Ft. Myers?

Walk out on the beach to Mid Island Water Sports (it is just left of Pointe Estero) and sign up for dolphin tours by waverunner. They are the best- or other beach activities. The staff there is very helpful as far as nightlife, other activities!! There is no traffic now so have fun!!

Kansas City, MO
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to Do in Ft. Myers?

kcparrothead- I am in Liberty, MO and my family and I are traveling to Fort Myers Beach for the month of July. We are leaving next Friday. You mentioned you rented a boat. Do you remember where from and how much it was? Just curious. Also how was the water color? Several posts talk about the water being red-organge. This due to water release fromt the lake. If you have any reccomendations as far as the area is concerned I would love to hear them. We have never been to Fort Myers Beach and would appreciate all the advice you are willing to give. We are staying on the Gulf in a home off of Dakota St. Have a great day and I will enjoy hearing from you.

Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach