We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help in lodging

Which Fort Myers Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
19 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Need help in lodging

I've been searching the Vacation Rental by Owner site and found a couple of efficiencies that sound good. One is a smalll 13 unit bldg across the street from the beach, short walk to Times Square. The other 2 are right on the beach, don't know where other than Fort Myers Beach. Prices are similar. Any guidelines as to where to stay in Fort Myers Beach area?

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help in lodging

It depends on what you're looking for. If you want to be close to lots of restaurants, bar, and shops, you'll want to be close to Times Square. If you'd like to be away from that, then stay at the North end of the island, or South of Times Square. You can plug the addresses into Mapquest to see exactly where they are. Remember, there's a trolley that runs the length of Estero Island from morning until evening (not sure of exact times). So you can get to and from Times Square easily without having to be near it. Also, there are restaurants, bars, and shops scattered the entire length of the island. There's just a high concentration of these businesses at the Times Square area. Plus, this is where the pier is located. If you'll be there during a particularly busy time (holiday weekend) you might want to stay away from Times Square and just take the trolley.

Ft Myers Florida
Level Contributor
273 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help in lodging

I have an efficiency at the south end of the beach if you are interested. This end appeals to the over 50 crowd.

Level Contributor
19 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help in lodging

Thank you Canuckiameh for your offer. What would the cost be for your condo for March 11-18, 2006?

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help in lodging

Hmmmm.... given your travel dates, I would suggest staying north of Times Square or very far south. You'll have a better chance of getting off the island in what will be peak season traffic. It's also going to be awfully close to spring break time, which means Times Square and what few hotels remain nearby will be hopping. The spring break scene isn't all that crazy, but there will be lots of kids and ridiculous traffic.

Might I suggest Sanibel, instead? Still a crowd -- relatively speaking -- at that time of year, but much quieter.

Ft Myers Florida
Level Contributor
273 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help in lodging

You take a look at it by visiting the following site.

www.ftmyersbeachvacations.net Gulf front. Nature preserve. Estero Beach and Tennis, unit 208A. If you are interested it would be $700.00. You would need to book through Coldwell Banker. This property is at the South end behind the sandbar and near Lovers Key. There is a mall across the street. If you are interested let my know and I will phone the realty and give them that reduced price.

Shelbyville KY
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help in lodging

Try Beachshellinn.com

we stayed there this past spring break and loved it!

they have regular hotel rooms with microwave and small refrig or apt. like rooms with full kitchens. It's right across the street form a grocery store and close to times square. we walked everywhere we went. It's also on the beach side of Estero. Only one building back from the beach. Very clean, very nice people!!