We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Welcome Margaritaville Resort!

Utica, Michigan
Level Contributor
326 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Welcome Margaritaville Resort!

Well if your going to build a resort on Fort Myers Beach it might as well be a Margaritaville Resort/TPI. The Margaritaville brand is all first class with a flip flop vibe and attitude that fits this area. I was not really in favor of a large resort but his brand and quality is a game changer! That area at the base of the bridge needed something done badly but still concerned about the extra car traffic and loss of Topps Supermarket.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
4,777 Reviews
Fort Myers Beach, FL
9 replies to this topic
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,240 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Welcome Margaritaville Resort!

I don’t share your enthusiasm.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
16,976 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Welcome Margaritaville Resort!

I am with you Jean, I am not a fan of anything Margarittaville. I dont dislike JB just his product that he lends his name to but then has no idea how its ran. The resorts are all very expensive. I cant speak for FMB but they built one in Daytona Beach and you need to take out a loan to stay there. Its for the rich only. I dont care for their food either. The restaurant in Key West is filthy and disgusting. I can't believe Jimmy even lends his name to it.

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Utica, Michigan
Level Contributor
326 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Welcome Margaritaville Resort!

The Daytona Beach area complex is a retirement housing community for age 50/55 and older I believe and this place cannot be more expensive than the Pink Shell has become over the last 5 years.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
4,249 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Welcome Margaritaville Resort!

Yes, they are very expensive. The hotel is nice in Key West but to expensive. I am not a fan of them building it at the bottom of the bridge but something needs to be done there. What I am most upset about is what the traffic will be like during construction, we have enough issues now.

Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Welcome Margaritaville Resort!

I agree with all who have posted negative feelings about the development. Traffic even in the off season is a nightmare. With 1 plus years construction ahead starting December 2018 I can safely say this will be our last trip to FMB. I've been visiting the area since the 1950's and it is no longer what I desire as an escape to relax.

Irwin, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Welcome Margaritaville Resort!

I would think that the construction of a hotel would be the last concern for Ft. Myers beach. What about the fact that the water is almost perpetually brown and smelly most of the year. I am actually surprised that the developer even wants to build somewhere as dirty and polluted.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Elwood, IL
Level Contributor
335 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Welcome Margaritaville Resort!

First off, the water is NOT perpetually brown and smelly! I have been down there when it's brown one day blue the next. Yes it is bad when they release water from Lake O. It also is brown from a storm at sea!

Torgeson came down to FMB. Fell in love with it so he bought a house down. Then he decides it's not nice enough and he wants to improve it. Excuse me? you bought because of the way it was and now you want to change it. It's going to change the landscape and the atmosphere of a small town beach community. I, like many others, are not happy with this. The island can't handle the parking and traffic now. Wait. It's going to get a lot worse.

Faribault, Minnesota
Level Contributor
63 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Welcome Margaritaville Resort!

I am up in the air about this. I like the small town quite feel of FMB so as long as it's not huge I guess I am OK with it. I will probably not stay there as prices are generally pretty high. I will stop in and have a margarita or 2. I love the view when you come over the bridge and it sounds like they are limited the affect on that. On the other hand traffic can already be terrible, adding another resort and the traffic that comes with it sounds like a terrible idea. I visit in November/December and August and it doesn't seem to matter much, obviously the winter is generally worse. It has taken me an hour to get from Pointe Estero to Doc Fords as is, Margaritaville might just push it to the point of wanting a different vacation spot to avoid all the traffic.

Mentioned in this post
Pointe Estero Beach Resort
Pointe Estero Beach...
618 Reviews
Fort Myers Beach, FL
Irwin, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Welcome Margaritaville Resort!

My opinion is that it is mostly brownish sometimes green... never really blue. But in most recent years, even more so. Don’t blame the messenger. Blame the Army Corp of Engineers for destroying the Everglades and sending the nasty lake O water down to the residents/tax payers of Ft. Myers Beach.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Reply to: Welcome Margaritaville Resort!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach
;