We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent Pink Shell Resort Reviews

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Recent Pink Shell Resort Reviews

Hi- My family and I are going to the Pink Shell next week! I'm a little concerned at the recent negative reviews that it has gotten. Has anyone gone recently and had a positive experience?? I am now very nervous about my hotel choice! thanks!!!

Louisville
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent Pink Shell Resort Reviews

Please let me know what your experience was when you get back. We're scheduled to go the first week in June and I am concerned with the negative reviews also. We have stayed there the last 3 summers with no serious complaints, in fact I have recommended the resort on this site several times. We were in the Estero Beach Villas and one member of our family stays in the Sanibel View Building. They don't have any children and the room is fine for the two of them but I would never describe it as being spacious, on the other hand the Estero Beach Villas were plenty big enough for our family of five.

I'm hoping this is a case of guests being generally unhappy with FMB and the amount of people and traffic. We have never had to wear wrist bands when we stayed there before. As for the beach towels-if you don't return them they will charge you, but it's easy enough to turn them in at the end of the day. It beats taking up a lot of space packing your own and washing the sand out every night. Hope you have a great trip.

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent Pink Shell Resort Reviews

Thank you! I will let you know how it goes. We are staying in the White Sand Villas. I'm hoping the last 3 reviews were negative due to Spring Break time- maybe it was busier?? The majority of the reviews are very positive. I'm glad to hear you've had positive experiences in the past! Thank you.

Portland, ME
Level Contributor
12 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recent Pink Shell Resort Reviews

Any one else?? I'm actually going here in May 2005, there have been a lot of negative reviews recently on this??? Now I'm contemplating going somewhere else as well. BUT, i guess I could just chalk it up to spring break time.... I'm staying in the Sanibel View rooms. It's just me and my girlfriends, shouldn't be too bad, i hope....

illinois
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Recent Pink Shell Resort Reviews

We stayed at the pink shell last part of feb. 2005. We loved it-stayed in the sanibel view part. Pools nice and heated nice beach-quiet great food. Great spa. no complients here what so ever.

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Recent Pink Shell Resort Reviews

Thank you, Nicki!!! Recently, there have been a few positive comments on the Pink Shell- making me feel better! We'll be there tom'w! Thanks to all for taking the time to put in comments!

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Recent Pink Shell Resort Reviews

Hi River City Lass- We are winding down our stay at the Pink Shell. Have been mostly very happy here. We're in White Sands Villas which are beautiful. haven't run into any rude staff- service has been pretty good. My only complaint would be housekeeping service.- there has been none in 2 days. She came 1 day while we were in the room eating lunch- and just cleaned around us- hasn't come back since. Traffic hasn't been bad- although we're prob hitting it at off times. Pools been great. Did the waVERUNNER/ DOLPHIN TOUR WITH THE 3 KIDS- very fun!! all in all it was a good experience. i think you'll be fine! Have a great trip!

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Recent Pink Shell Resort Reviews

Oh- and we were given wrist bands when we got our towels- but weren't forced to wear the- we never did. Also- no threat about returning towels- was just told to return them by departure!

Louisville
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Recent Pink Shell Resort Reviews

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you and your family have had an enjoyable time. We paln on doing the dolphin tour with our 3 boys. Hope you have a safe trip home.

Estero, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Recent Pink Shell Resort Reviews

My husband and I spent our anniversary there. The food at the restaraunt was great and they even took our order when they were closing the kitchen down. The room was very nice and the view was great also. We had a very pleasant stay there.

Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach