We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time with 2.5 year old, location help

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Topic
1st time with 2.5 year old, location help

Hello! So my husband and I have been traveling to Mexico for years and have taken our baby 3 times. Unfortunately, our favorite destination is now having problems and I need a new place to go. My husband has fond memories of Florida as a child so I thought I would check it out. What I am looking for: condo/house on the beach or a few minute walk, ground unit, beautiful white sand and blue water, walking distance to restaurants/bars (nothing fancy needed, just fun and inviting). Is there are particular area in Fort Meyers that anyone would suggest? We are considering mid to late October. While I will miss the international experience, it will be fun to do something new. Maybe even rent a boat. Fort Meyers seems affordable and just close enough to manage with the lil one. Thank you and happy travels!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Florida
Florida
United States
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time with 2.5 year old, location help

Sounds like your looking for something on Fort Myers Beach. Although because of being an Island most resorts do not have ground floors. The most family friendly resort is The Pink Shell Beach Resort and Marina. Check it out.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
4,877 Reviews
Fort Myers Beach, FL
Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina
Pink Shell Beach Resort...
3,909 Reviews
Fort Myers Beach, FL
Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
4,326 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time with 2.5 year old, location help

The Seaside is very family friendly and it is right on a nice section of quiet beach. To get to the bars and restaurants you will either have to take the trolley or drive. There is a Publix almost across the street that would be faster to walk to than drive. Behind the Publix is Snook Bight Marina where you can rent a boat for a day and/or have dinner at the Bay Front Bistro. The HH at their outside bar is great with half price on all drinks and half price on all appetizers.

Palm City, Florida
Level Contributor
78 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time with 2.5 year old, location help

You might want to also look at Sanibel and Captiva their beaches are lovely and have many of the amenities you want.

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Captiva Island
Captiva Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
US
Level Contributor
528 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time with 2.5 year old, location help

Caper Beach Club at 2810 Estero and 2800 Estero is right on beach with huge pool. The second floor units up to the -11th are beautiful!!! .9 miles from pier so within walking distance to pier, shops, restaurants and about the same distance to publix. Started taking my kids there as infants now High School and College age.

Edited: 6:00 pm, August 16, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Caper Beach Club
Caper Beach Club
26 Reviews
Fort Myers Beach, FL
Estero
Estero
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time with 2.5 year old, location help

Marco Island is great for little ones. If you stay on the South end of the island, you will be within walking distance to shopping and restaurants. There is free cab rides to many of the restaurants on the island. With the exception of a couple restaurants, all restaurants on the island are family friendly. You can easily find condos on the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
jamesville ny
Level Contributor
5,673 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time with 2.5 year old, location help

we stayed at the Caper and loved it. The units are nice and big and the pool is very nice. I think walking tp Time Sq. may be a little long especially with children although it can be done. there is also a trolley out side and it will take just a few minutes to get to TS..

Reply to: 1st time with 2.5 year old, location help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach