We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Good Restaurants in the Fort Myers Beach Area

Orland Park, IL
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Good Restaurants in the Fort Myers Beach Area

We will be staying in FMB end of April and would like some tips on good places to eat. We have a 15 month old so it should be family oriented as well.

Also, were would I find good seafood?

Thanks for any info you can give.

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Good Restaurants in the Fort Myers Beach Area

Go to Snug Harbor (www.snugharborrestaurant.com) and Matanzas Inn (www.matanzasinnrestaurant.com). They are next to each other under the bridge heading on/off Ft. Myers Beach. They both have good outdoor, upstairs bars for boat/dolphin watching. Gulfshore Grill (www.gulfshoregrill.com) is also very good. They are all reasonably priced and have great seafood.

NJ (of course!)
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Good Restaurants in the Fort Myers Beach Area

Try Anthonys on the Beach too on FMB..It is located next to the Red Coconut RV location & looks out toward the gulf. Surprisingly, the Island View Restaurant (built & opened in 2004) on top of Lani Kai was pretty good too.

New England, USA
Level Contributor
657 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Good Restaurants in the Fort Myers Beach Area

I haven't visited in a year, so my information may not be as up to date as it could be. Some places we very much enjoy include:

The Fish House - Located behind Santini Plaza and Fish Tale Marina. Pub fare and seafood. I believe they will even prepare fish you've caught for you.

Italian Fisherman - Located in Santini Plaza. They may be gone..heard rumors of it last year. If they're still open, check them out. Great Italian food and pizza!

Matanzas Inn - Nice waterfront dining complete with visiting dolphins. Located near the bridge...practically under it.

Split Rail - Very informal family place just over the bridge off-island and down the road a bit. Great Tex-Mex and home-style cooking. Huge portions..we always bring some away with us.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
77 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Good Restaurants in the Fort Myers Beach Area

Parrot Key Caribbean Grill at Salty Sam's Marina.

Absolutely the best Key Lime Pie you will ever have. It's located on the southern end of San Carlos Island. If you have a boat you can dock at Salty Sam's and walk the 15 feet next door. Great open air food.

New England, USA
Level Contributor
657 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for Good Restaurants in the Fort Myers Beach Area

Is Salty Sam's located quite near the bridge to Lover's Key? Is it past Estero Beach & Tennis? Thanks in advance.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
77 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for Good Restaurants in the Fort Myers Beach Area

Ms. L.

Salty Sam's is located on San Carlos Island which is at the North end of Fort Myers Beach.

If you take Estero Blvd. north from Lover's Key, you come to the "City Center" right next to the pier and you can turn right to go off the island or veer left to go to that little park up there. Veer right and as you come down off of the bridge hang an immediate right. I don't know the name of the street, but take it all the way to the end. They are some really nice people.

New England, USA
Level Contributor
657 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for Good Restaurants in the Fort Myers Beach Area

Okay..now I know where you mean. It sounds good!

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
232 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for Good Restaurants in the Fort Myers Beach Area

bellanoelle - "The Bridge" restaurant has the best shrimp marinara you could find anywhere and the family is welcome. They have a nice deck to sit right by the water also. My favorite!

Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach