We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tarpon Fishing

London, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Tarpon Fishing

Hi,

I'm here with my family now saying in Fort Myers and my brother would like to go Tarpon fishing. However rest of us don't really want to do this. Is there a company anyone could recommended that my brother contact so he could join a fishing charter? I think it would work out to expensive for him to charter a boat just for himself but would like to know if it would be possible for him to join another group of people. Back home in the UK he is a very keen fisherman.

Appreciate any replies. Thank you.

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tarpon Fishing

Call Getaway Marina and ask them. If they don't have anyone there that will meet your needs they should know who to call.

north island
Level Contributor
419 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tarpon Fishing

Caloosahatchee Cowboy Charters. Just google him. Captain Josh knows what he is doing. Your friend might be able to join a 2 person charter as a 3rd angler on his relatively small boat. However, I'm not positive, but I believe most Tarpon fishing is done in May and June as they migrate through the area. That doesn't mean he couldn't put you on other species of fish. Might be worth a call.

3. Re: Tarpon Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 23, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Fort Myers Beach