We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gulf coast beaches... in 6 days

Which Fort Myers hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Rafael...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Gulf coast beaches... in 6 days

Hi all,

we are going to be going up the Gulf Coast, coming over 41 on Sunday April 6 and leaving from Tampa that Friday night April 11.

We thought perhaps the best would be to stay somewhere southern and somewhere northern coast.

Suggestions for a great resort? town to start with? thinking Naples, Tampa? Fort Meyers? Sarasora? not sure what cities to base out of. I guess it might depend on where the best resorts are but also the for me, the best beaches!

PS Favorite beaches, anyone?

many thanks...

thanks

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,308 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gulf coast beaches... in 6 days

Rule out Tampa ... it doesn't have beaches. Siesta Key is very popular ... read that forum for ideas on where to stay. Lido Key is also very nice ... again read that forum for ideas. The beaches are excellent in both places.

San Rafael...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gulf coast beaches... in 6 days

thanks! (i thought Clearwater has a great beach... read that somewhere) -- anyway will go as you suggested to these other forums, much appreciated!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,308 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gulf coast beaches... in 6 days

Yes, Clearwater Beach is also very nice. You could spend a day or two there if you want to see it and then you will only be about 30 minutes from Tampa airport.

There's also a forum for Clearwater.

Edited: 9:30 pm, March 17, 2014
San Rafael...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gulf coast beaches... in 6 days

The people i have met on these forums are SO nice, I really like Florida based on how friendly everyone has been, it's soo appreicated! I am from California... i hope we can be friendly too... thanks!!!

5. Re: Gulf coast beaches... in 6 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 19, 2015